Golden Pass line Interlaken-Luzern reservations?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 2:24:17 #822484

I will be travelling on day saver pass. Is reservation required for GoldenPass Line – Interlaken – Luzern Express ? It says recommended.

How would i know which seats are reserved and which are not?

Approx how many coaches are their?

What if I board the train and all seats are reserved. Or are reserved from half way, say Meiringen.

Please guide me.

Thank You in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2019 at 4:33:08 #916112

You don’t need reservations on the Interlaken – Luzern Express. It is an hourly commuter train.

If you get on the train and all seats are taken you will have to stand. This is pretty unlikely.

You can make reservations at myswissalps.com/golden pass/packages if you are worried about not getting a seat.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:49:21 #916113

Thank You

Lovetoteach
    Participant
    31 posts
    2 July 2019 at 18:20:19 #916114

Hello,

we are travelling to Switerland next week amd was wondering if we need reservation on golden pass from Montreux to Zweisimmen or we can just hop on without reservation.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 July 2019 at 20:18:53 #916115

Reservations are not compulsory so you can take your chances. You will always get on the train whether you get a seat depends on which departure you take, whether there is a large tour group etc. so it is hard to predict how full any given train will be.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass line Interlaken-Luzern reservations?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.