Golden Pass line with Swiss Travel Pass questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 4:28:07 #816570

Hi…

Im travelling in September 2018 along with my family and I’m planning to take swiss pass but I’m confused how to travel on the golden passline. I have to travel from Montreux to Lucerne and I can see that I have to change trains thrice but more importantly I want to stop at Interlaken to visit Harder kulm and again take a train from interlaken to Lucerne.

My questions are

1. Will swiss pass and an upgrade from 2nd class to 1st class be enough to travel from Montreux to Lucerne? How much will be the total cost of upgrade and will the upgrade be from Montreux to Lucerne or mid way?

2. A halt at interlaken for 2 hours and again taking a train from Interlaken to Lucerne is possible?

3. Any other suggestions for the itinerary

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 11:45:51 #888000

Hi Unnatimody28 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. The Swiss Travel Pass (not SwissPass) will cover the ticket from Montreux to Luzern yes. No need to upgrade to 1st class unless you want to.
    2. Yes, no problem with the Swiss Travel Pass – it allows you to just hop on and off as you like – no tickets needed on that route
    3. It won’t be an issue to travel the Golden Pass route and stop at Interlaken to visit Harder Kulm for a few hours and then continue on. If you get going early in the day and want to add an activity, perhaps a boat trip on Lake Thun? Harder Kulm is 50% off with a Swiss Travel Pass and the boat trip would be free: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity
  • The thread ‘Golden Pass line with Swiss Travel Pass questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.