Good Morning Ticket Jungfraujoch and Eiger Trail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2013 at 0:37:01 #805974

Sorry to re-post, since no answer is from Hiking sub-forum : )

Does anyone know the Good Morning Ticket Jungfraujoch? I read the introduction of Good Morning Ticket Jungfraujoch on http://shop.jungfrau.ch/en/bergbahn/angebote/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/good-morning-ticket-jungfraujoch , and notice that “This ticket is only valid for the uphill journey from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch at 08.00 h and the latest possible descent from Jungfraujoch is at 12.00 h.”
    To my understanding, the Good Morning ticket can cover from many different rail stations to Jungfraujoch, if the passenger can catch the train at 08:00 in Kleine Scheidegg, and return before 12:00 from Jungfraujoch. For example, according to the time table posted on that website, If I buy the ticket from Interlaken Ost, I have to get up early to catch a train in Interlaken Ost Station at 06:35, and arrive at Kleine Scheidegg at 07:49, so that I can catch the train departing from Kleine Scheidegg at 08:00. Is my understanding correct?
    Another question: does the ticket include return trip?
    Last question is that, after I catch a train from Jungfraujoch before 12:00, can I get off the train at Eigergletscher and walk through the hiking trail (Eiger Trail) to Alpiglen, and catch another train downward to return to Interlaken? Will the ticket be valid in that case?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 May 2013 at 3:21:28 #838607

Hi superwcx,

May I ask you to not post duplicate topics? As explained in the forum rules, getting an answer may take some time, and posting the same question multiple times is not allowed. You posted less than 24 hours ago, so please be patient and someone will get back to you. I will remove your other post now to avoid duplicates. Thanks for understanding!

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 May 2013 at 13:35:53 #838608

Hello superwcx. First of all, will you be using any of the Swiss rail passes or the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland? If so, you can best buy a ticket with the discount of your rail pass, as that’s cheaper than the Good Morning Ticket (meant for travelers without a rail pass discount).

You can use the ticket from various stations indeed, as long as you get the 8h00 train from Kleine Scheidegg. The discounted rates will of course vary according to the respective departure stations. It’s a return ticket. I’m quite sure it allows you to break your trip and use it for the leg from Alpiglen later that day, as long you depart from the Jungfraujoch before 12h00. But to be sure you can best ask the Jungfrau Railways.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2013 at 8:15:19 #838609

Thank you very much, your reply helps a lot. And sorry again for repost, it won’t happen anymore.

• The thread ‘Good Morning Ticket Jungfraujoch and Eiger Trail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.