Gornergrat observatory in Zermatt in half a day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2019 at 5:15:38 #819804

Hello Everyone,

My first time here. I will be traveling to Zermatt by train from Les Diablerets – arriving at noon in Zermatt on March 9. Once I get my bags checked in, can I just buy a ticket for Gornergrat observatory that same day at the train station and is half day enough? I have a full day the next day but I plan to take the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise tour. I leave Zermatt on March 11 via the Glacier Express for Chur then on to Zurich.

Christine W.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 February 2019 at 9:18:07 #903674

Hello Christine and Welcome to MySwissAlps

That should work fine. Enjoy. 😎

ps You put your post in trip reports which could be a bit premature. Perhaps a moderator will move it but when your trip is complete we’d like to hear how you went. 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2019 at 10:14:37 #903675

Hi Christine!

I agree with Rockoyster. Here are a couple more links that might be helpful to you in planning your trip:

Have a great time!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2019 at 0:41:24 #903676

With 1.5 days available you should have no problem fitting things in, as most excursions at Zermatt only take up around half a day because the travel time on the train (Gornergrat) is about 30 minutes and on the Cable Car (Matterhorn Glacier) about 45 minutes plus about 15 minutes walk through town.

• The thread ‘Gornergrat observatory in Zermatt in half a day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.