Gotthard Panorama Express reservations with STP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 6:25:29 #812345

Hi,

Me and my 3 friends are planning to get the Gothard Panoroma Express on 3rd of July. We bought our Swiss Travel Pass, which is valid on those days.

Do we need to pay extra money on booking Gothard Panoroma Express ?

In the swissalps website the booking link opens Happy Rail web site. Is it the official Gothard Panoroma Express ticket company ?

What happens if we don’t book Gothard Panoroma Express and just show up in the travel date. Maybe we have a chance to find rooms ?

tahnks a lot

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 10:19:25 #865522

Hi hasancem,

You do need to book seats on the Gotthard Panorama Express. If you don’t make the reservation ahead of time you will have to pay before boarding – so you might as well do it right away (it is more of a surcharge for the train and you can book seats at the same time. You can make the reservation here.

There are many companies that sell tickets and reservations on the Gotthard Panorama Express – HappyRail is one that we recommend on our website.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2017 at 13:28:10 #865523

Hi Lucas,

We are trying to book via happy rail but the site doesn’t seem secure because;

1. In booking part it is written that booking is for “to/from Fluelen”. So is it just for train booking ? Does it book also for boat or not ?

2. It is not written or open to selection for seat reservations. It feels not secure, cause we would like to be in the same room all together. Also i would like to see my reserved seat.

I will be looking for your answer, please help us with this trouble.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 June 2017 at 16:09:30 #865524

Hi hasancem,

The site at http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains is perfectly safe, no worries about that. Many have purchased their reservations and passes there.

The boat can’t be reserved. All you need there is your Swiss Travel Pass. The train can and must be reserved but you cannot select specific seats (the train operator does not offer that option, regardless of who you buy the reservations from). If you book 4 seats, Happyrail will allocate 4 adjacent seats for you.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express reservations with STP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.