Sep 18, 2017 - 5:34 AM
in reply to bill28
>> We will be in Luzern on Oct 25 and 26 ... We plan to be in Interlaken for four days
It might be useful to fill you in on details of mountain transport that will have shut down for the winter, or be closed for maintenance, while you are in Luzern and Interlaken, so you can plan accordingly:
The cable car from Kriens to Pilatus will be closed for maintenance from 23 Oct to 10 Nov. You can still go up and back on the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad though.
The following will be closed for the winter, or for maintenance:
- Grindelwald-First gondola - closed 23 October to 24 November
- Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp cable car - closed 23 Oct to 3 Nov. Mürren will still be accessible via cable car from Stechelberg.
- Wengen to Männlichen cable car closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
- Grindelwald to Männlichen gondola closed 23 Oct to 15 Dec
- Mürren to Allmendhubel funicular closed from 16 October
- Wilderswil to Schynige Platte train closed from 23 October
Boat services on the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) will not operate after 22 Oct, but there will be limited services on the Thunersee (Lake Thun).
Last modified on Sep 18, 2017 - 5:35 AM by Removed user