Gotthard Panorama Express operates during Easter?

• Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    7 April 2017 at 6:31:57 #811305

Hello All

Is it normal for the Gotthard Express to operate during the Easter Holiday period.

If this is the case, Easter or Good Friday falls on March 31st next year 2018 which could mean that this service kicks of earlier than normal. Because we are travelling early April next year these dates might just work for us.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards Bob

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 April 2017 at 15:20:19 #861091

Hello Bob,

Well, there’s no “normal” schedule yet as the Gotthard Panorama Express operates for the very first time ever on April 14 😉 There is no timetable yet for next year but I would expect it to be similar to this year. That means it would start operating during weekends from mid April and on all days from early July to late October. But there are regular trains on the same route all year round, so you will be able to do this trip in any case.

Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    8 April 2017 at 12:19:56 #861092

Thanks Arno,

plan B might have to do.

Bob

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2017 at 22:06:19 #861093

Hello, Will Gotthard Panorama Express be operating on coming sunday, on 16th April, 2017? i wanna travel this route throught boat+train. if it doesnt work then the other way is to travel all the route through train? please clear the information. thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 11:35:35 #861094

>> Hello, Will Gotthard Panorama Express be operating on coming sunday, on 16th April, 2017? i wanna travel this route throught boat+train. if it doesnt work then the other way is to travel all the route through train? please clear the information. thanks.

Yes, the Gotthard Panorama Express will be operating on Sunday 16 April, leaving Bellinzona at 11:37 am. Please note that reservations are compulsory. A screenshot of the timetable for this trip is attached.

If you have any further questions, please start a new thread.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 12:02:24 #861095

Dear @Alpenrose666: In fact I wanna travel from Luzern to Bellinzona using boat+train. Will this way be available on 16th April? And where can I look for the train schedule like you sent in attachment, can you give me the link to website please.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 12:28:39 #861096

>> travel from Luzern to Bellinzona using boat+train. Will this way be available on 16th April? And where can I look for the train schedule like you sent in attachment, can you give me the link to website please.

Yes, you can travel on the Gotthard Panorama Express from Luzern to Bellinzona on 16 April 2017. The first leg of the trip is by boat, leaving from the wharf across the road from Luzern railway station.

A copy of the timetable is attached.

You can access the SBB (Swiss Railways) timetable via the following link:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 12:35:38 #861097

Thanks a lot, Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express operates during Easter?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.