Gotthard Panorama Express from Lucerne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 7:31:20 #862221

You mentioned about another option- Another scenic alternative would be regular trains from Luzern to Göschenen to Andermatt then Glacier Express to Chur then regular train return to Luzern. That’s doable in a day.

1)I just checked sbb website for seat reservation from andermatt to chur but couldnt finad any. please can someone check website for availability fro 6th to 9th may for 2 adults and reconfirm.

I read second class coach in gotthard express has no panoramic windows. Is it true? Can anyone share pic of second class. Hope we can get good view with gotthard ELSE should we opt for normal trains.

Please please share expert advice

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 May 2017 at 10:53:08 #862222

You can make reservation Andermatt to Chur here shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 17:28:09 #862223

I am unable to book only the reservation. Glacier express booking shows entire route fare.

please help me with reservation booking

Thank you

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 May 2017 at 21:45:38 #862224

I just tried Andermatt to Chur on 9th for interest. Shows reservation is CHF13 and and ticket $51.20. BUT there are no seats left. You may have left it too late GEX is very popular.

There are regular trains which follow the same route. Make sure you include via Disentis in the SBB timetable search.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 17:05:50 #862225

Hello Guys…

Please confirm if the “E-Ticket” delivery method is available at Happy Rail when paying the reservation fee for GPE.

I got a bit confused since it states the e-ticket is possible only for STP Consecutive, Swiss Half Fare and Swiss Tranfer Ticket. Should I consider it means I can have an e-ticket for this seat reservation as long as I got the STP Consecutive, Swiss Half Fare or Swiss Tranfer Ticket?

Or it means the “E-Ticket” delivery method is available only for the purchase of these 3 tickets?

Thanks for the help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 11:04:20 #862226

Reservations are physical tickets that need to be shipped. Shipping is an extra cost to Brazil but they also ship for free to any address in Switzerland, including hotels which can work for you as well.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2017 at 11:08:29 #862227

Hi Lucas,

I bought GPE reservations through the SBB ticket shop and got an e- ticket to print out. At least I hope that’s what I’ve got. Certainly looks legit. And I can see the ticket q-code on the SBB mobile app.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 11:36:52 #862228

The ever changing world of train tickets! Thanks Rockoyster! I’m sure it is fine.

And we just got an email from Happyrail that also now supports E-reservations but they still need to adjust the explanations on their site about this, but people (LeoQueiroz) can already pick “E-tickets” as the shipping option and get the reservation that way with Happyrail.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 11:39:19 #862229

Hi Leo,

Happyrail hasn’t updated their website wording yet but you should now be able to select E-ticket as your shipping option and get them by email (very recent change we just got an email about ourselves).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 11:55:52 #862230

Lucas and Rockoyster,

Thanks for the explanation!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.