Aug 2, 2017 - 5:56 PM
Hello, I will be taking the Gotthard Panorama Express on September 17th on a Sunday so I will be leaving from Bellinzona to take the Express to Lucerne.
- On the Happyrail site (www.happyrail.com) to purchase the Gothard Express reservations, do you select seats after you pay? There’s no option to select seats before purchase.
- Is it best to sit on the right or left side of the train for the best views (going up to Lucerne)? And does it matter if I'm in the front or back of the car?
- Does second class have panoramic windows? as I will be using the second class Swiss Pass.
- If 2nd class doesn't have panoramic windows, is it still worth paying mandatory reservations for? Or should I just take regular trains on the same route?
- How much more time approx.would be added to the trip if I were to take the local route?
I see there’s a related post: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gotthard-panorama-express-6 to use the time table for the scenic route route from Lugano to Lucerne (with the regional trains via Göschenen and Airolo, not the fast direct trains.) but I don’t think I am doing this right. I enter in the timetable, From: Lugano To: Lucerne Via Göschenen?