Lake Lucerne boat 1st class upgrade recommended?

Lake Lucerne boat 1st class upgrade recommended?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Denandshazza
Denandshazza
18 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 4:02 PM

First of all a big hello and thank you to Lucas. We are now here in Brienz and his advice has been such a help. We now have our half fare card and have used it to book Jungfraujoch and Gotthard express. Can you please give a bit more advice re the Gotthard trip. We have just been on the Rienzi boat trip and paid second class but have to say that deck was very overcrowded and not very enjoyable. We were able to update and go on the upper deck which was much better. My question is are we likely to have the same experience on the Lucerne boat leg of the Gotthard trip of so would we be best upgrading to first class inorder to make the trip more enjoyable. Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
7117 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2018 - 5:32 PM in reply to Denandshazza

Hi Denandshazza!

I'd think so yes. Lake Lucerne is quite popular.

1st class is always less crowded (but you do get people like you upgrading onsite to enjoy the top deck). You can't reserve spots on a boat so you can play it be ear again and if it looks like a good option when you're on the boat, then do the upgrade.

PS where is the Rienzi boat trip?

Last modified on Jun 18, 2018 - 5:32 PM by Lucas
1960man
1960man
370 posts
top member
Jun 18, 2018 - 10:38 PM

I normally travel 1st class

Denandshazza
Denandshazza
18 posts
Jun 19, 2018 - 3:53 AM in reply to Lucas

Sorry Lucas mid typed meant Lake Brienz boat trip. Will definitely up grade on the boat if it is crowded again. Being hemmed in does make it difficult to enjoy the scenery and take photographs. Will head straight up top and pay the ticket collector when he/she comes round. Off up Jungfraujoch today.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018