Grindelwald bus with Jungfrau Travel Pass

• luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    10 September 2022 at 10:31:31 #828303

Hello,

I’ve been searching all over and do not seem to be able to find the definitive answer. For the B128 bus ride from Grindelwald to Grosse Scheidegg (one way only, going to hike to First from there), what does the Jungfrau Travel Pass cover? I think I read on one of the forums that the pass covers the trip up to the Obergletscher stop and that a ticket is required for the rest of the way. Is that correct? If that is correct, I found the price list on the Grindelwald bus website. It states that full fare from Obergletscher to Grosse Scheidegg is CHF22.80 or half-fare CHF 11.40. Is that correct? Would the Jungfrau Pass qualify for the half-fare price?

Thanks is advance for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    10 September 2022 at 18:31:26 #946649

Hi luvmystang,

Unfortunately the Jungfrau Travel Pass is not valid on the Grindelwald mountain bus. But if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, the ticket is discounted.

regards,

Anna

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    12 September 2022 at 22:27:51 #946650

Hi luvmystang.

If you want a pass that covers the bus to Grosse Scheidegg, have a look at the Regional Pass Berner Oberland instead of the Jungfrau Travel Pass. It covers a lot of things that the Jungfrau pass doesn’t, and you can get a reduction on the pass if you buy the Swiss Half Fare Card first. It covers a much bigger area and just about all trains buses and ferries between Bern and Brig are free and it also gets you a reduction on the Jungfraubahn and the Schilthorn. I think it’s well worth it if you are going to spend more than a few days in the area.

Cheers

Alan

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    13 September 2022 at 11:28:45 #946651

Thanks for the info. I have the Berner Oberland pass for myself but a friend also traveling with me has the Jungfrau pass and it’s a bit misleading when you read it covers the buses in Grindelwald to then find out the one trip she wants to take on the bus is not even partially covered by that pass. I now know the Berner Oberland pass is a way better deal than the Jungfrau pass.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2022 at 12:44:14 #946652

Hi luvmystang!

The buses within Grindelwald are included, but (mountain) routes from Grindelwald aren’t. Otherwise the line Grindelwald-Grosse Scheidegg would have been visible at the Jungfrau Travel Pass validity map at https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity. I’m sorry you got the impression that Grindelwald-Grosse Scheidegg was included. Do you remember where you read this?

We’ll add a remark to https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity for additional clarity.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    13 September 2022 at 12:50:58 #946653

I understand the mountain part not being included but the bus stops along the way in Grindelwald all the way up to Oberest Gletscher (I’m sure I misspelled that) so I presumed at least part of the trip was covered. My mistake, lesson learned. Heading to Switzerland today, so all is wonderful 😁

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 September 2022 at 12:25:48 #946654

Have fun luvmystang! I hope you’ll have a wonderful holiday. Feel free to tell us about your experiences once you’re back home: https://www.myswissalps.com/forum/tripreports.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald bus with Jungfrau Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.