Grindelwald-First gondola and adventure package

• MindyCass
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 June 2022 at 20:22:35 #827481

Hi,

My husband and I are traveling to Switzerland for the first time and want to go to Grindelwald-First and do the activities coming down the mountain – First Glider, First Mountain Cart, and First Trottibike.

I know that I need to purchase tickets for the gondola ride up and separate tickets for the other activities. I saw that I can purchase a package through Junfrau but if I purchase tickets through them for a particular date and the weather is bad, I can’t make a change. I would love a little flexibility. Does anyone have a recommendation for another company that would allow for flexibility?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 June 2022 at 21:19:11 #943151

Hi Mindy Cass,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

It’s a good idea to check the weather forecast before making a trip to the mountains. In general the forecast are reliable up to 3 days ahead so maybe you can purchase the combined tickets to Grindelwald First online, a day before the trip. Alternatively if you’re not sure, you can always get the tickets on the day itself from the ticket counter at the Firstbahn valley station.

Regards,

Anna

MindyCass
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 June 2022 at 4:14:00 #943152

Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for your response. I was under the impression that tickets could sell out and I thought it was necessary to purchase them ahead of time. This is very helpful. I did see comments to start going up to Grindelwald earlier in the day as the activities could get crowded. However, as long as tickets can be purchased a few days ahead that should work out just fine for us!

Thanks again!

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2022 at 10:38:41 #943153

Hi MindyCass,

That’s right, you’re not required to get your tickets that far in advance. You can read more here: http://www.myswissalps.com/grindelwaldfirst/tickets.

When will you be traveling? If want to visit Grindelwald-First in tourist high season (July/August), the adventure activites could indeed get crowded, especially on days with good weather. In that case I indeed advise you to start early in the morning. It will be quieter if you’re traveling on a weekday in the off-season: https://www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit.

MindyCass
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 June 2022 at 15:39:16 #943154

Hi Arno,

This is very helpful! Thank you! We will be traveling in July so we will be sure to start early in the morning! Thank you for the links with additional info! I truly appreciate the advice!

Melinda 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 June 2022 at 16:24:15 #943155

You’re welcome Melinda, let us know if you have further questions!

• The thread ‘Grindelwald-First gondola and adventure package’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.