Grindelwald, Murren & Wengen from Adelboden by car

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dnaami
Dnaami
2 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 5:30 AM

Dear All,

My husband and I are planning a day trip from Adelboden to Grindelwald, Murren and Wengen (maybe more of Jungfrau as well) . We have our car but not sure which best transportation method to use and best route to choose. We will do the tour and get back to adelboden. I have seen maps and read a lot of reviews and comments but none tackle these specific places together. Could you advise which best route/method to use and if we better see another nearby location aswell.Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 20, 2018 - 3:43 PM in reply to Dnaami

Hi Dnaami and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is only one route so it makes your choice easier. :)

You'll need to drive out of your valley, almost to Spiez and then over to Interlaken and into Grindelwald. You'll then need to park and use cable cars (or a train) to reach Mürren and Wengen (both car-free towns) and any mountain in that region.

The Swiss railways timetable can give you schedules between any towns and mountains: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Arno
Arno
12309 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 5:59 PM

Hi Dnaami,

If you park near the Interlaken Ost station, or even Wilderswil, you can do a nice round trip by trains and cable cars. For inspiration you can take a look at this travel suggestion: www.myswissalps.com/on edayjungfrauregion.

Dnaami
Dnaami
2 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 6:11 PM

Thanks guys appreciate it.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019