Grindelwald on a super small budget

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2017 at 11:01:17 #813881

Hi everyone,

we are coming to grindelwald on 3rd feb to 7th feb but have a super tight budget!

What can we do that is really cheap/free? I would like to fo the cliff walk, but the gondola/train prices are sooooo confusing! Also is there an outdoor ice rink or outdoor hotub local? We have a car, so can travel! Any help appreciated! Skiing was out of our budget this time, so happy to take in the scenery and just enjoy! Also someone mentioned there are taps around the village you can fill up your water bottle and its the best water in the world! Is this true? x

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2017 at 13:24:45 #873267

Hi Broke270712 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think there are a few good links to get you started on Grindelwald:

You won’t need the car at all in Grindelwald – everything from there is accessible on foot or by gondola only. You can also use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips by gondola/train and find prices – the first price you will see is the Swiss Half Fare Card price (so if you don’t have that rail pass, or another, just double the price).

As for water fountains, yes there are plenty in most Swiss villages and towns and it is great to drink and use to fill up your water bottle – as a Canadian I can’t say for sure it is the best in the world but I bet it is close. 😉

• The thread ‘Grindelwald on a super small budget’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.