Grindelwald or Wengen visit after Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2015 at 18:47:05 #807554

planning to visit jungfrouch for a day from interlaken .stay is in terlaken for 2 nights .. .it is advised to take one route via grindelwald while coming back via wengen route .is it possible to visit both these villages enroute to jungfouch in one day .if time is less which one shud be omitted

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 July 2015 at 23:39:47 #844467

<<“planning to visit jungfrouch for a day from interlaken .stay is in terlaken for 2 nights .. .it is advised to take one route via grindelwald while coming back via wengen route .is it possible to visit both these villages enroute to jungfouch in one day .if time is less which one shud be omitted”>>

The timetable is your friend:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

So is a map:

map.geo.admin.ch/?X=161853.21&Y=639409.6 3&zoom=4&lang=en&topic =ech&bgLayer=ch.swisst opo.pixelkarte-farbe&layers_timestamp =18651231

How much time you spend on top of the Jungfrau will determine how much time to allow for that segment. I cannot advise – have never spent the money to go up there, because I enjoy other things, instead.

Slowpoke

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    14 July 2015 at 11:26:58 #844468

I have stayed multiple days in Interlaken ,Wengen and Grindelwald and visited Jungfraouch and what I would recommend is that you take the train to Grindelwald ,go upto Jungfrau .

you should get a 10 minute wait at the Grindelwald station and you can get a view of the town from the station itself .I dont think theres a reason to walk in the town .

you will probably spend several hours at Jungfrau and then on the way down you can come via Wengen .you will get a beautiful view of Wengen as the train descends and then have a brief wait at Wengen station before train goes to Lauterbrunnen and you will again get beautiful views of Lauterbrunnen while train is descending

you coukd choose to walk 5 minutes to a view point in Wengen where you would get a beautiful view of the Lauterbrunnen valley and Jungfrau as well but you would then probably miss the next train .

if you do have the time and energy in Lauterbrunnen ,you can walk 10 minute upto Staubbach falls before taking train back to Interlaken .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2015 at 11:34:13 #844469

So u sugest to spend some time in wegen ?actualy we are already covering loop of lauterbrunen to murren and down to gimmelwald n back to lauterbranen then to interlaken in a seperate half day tour

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 July 2015 at 11:48:39 #844470

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

Trains from Wengen to Lauterbrunne run every 30 minutes.

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    14 July 2015 at 12:56:36 #844471

As slowpoke pointed out ,trains from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen run every half hour .

I think you can get down in Wengen and walk to the left once you exit the station .the best viewpoint is from the church courtyard .if you stop at the Wengen tourist office (closes at 5)which is right next to the Wengen Mannlichen cable righht near thr station ,they can point you in the direction but its really a straight road from the station and very close and it is a stunning view .

theres also a view point if you walk to the right for 20 minutes but i liked that one less.

if you do the Interlaken – Murren loop ,recommend walking to Staubbach falls ,then taking post bus or walking to Trummelbach fallls ( must see ) and then bus or walk to Stechelberg and from there go to Gimmelwald by cable and then Murren and back to Lauterbrunnen .from Murren of course you coukd also go to Schilthorn or closer to Alhmendubel but I think that would make it too long and tiring .

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 July 2015 at 13:35:42 #844472

It would make for long day, but with the trip up to Jungfraujoch in the AM from Grindelwald, it might be possible to come down via Kleine Scheidegg and Wengen, to Lauterrbrunnen, and make the trip along the valley floor , Mürren, Grütschalp. Lauterbrunnen, then back out to interlaken.

It would constrain the time spent at specific locations – on the Jungfrau, in Wengen, visiting the falls…..so it would not be a leisurely event.

A study of the timetable, plus consideration of time to stop at each place would give the answer.

Don’t have the time to look it up at the moment, but there has been a very recent thread in the forums on the time it takes to see the various falls, including the short walk from Lauterbrunnen for the Staubach.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald or Wengen visit after Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.