Planning for Grindelwald to Brienzer Rothorn trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2019 at 18:50:22 #821765

Hello,

Thanks for any suggestions or other ideas you could add to this schedule, I hope I did it correctly.

7:49 leave Grindelwald train to Interlaken Ost station arrival 8:23

Catch the boat at Interlaken Ost at 9:07 to Brienz (See)

Arrive at Brienz (See) at 10:20 and catch Brienz Rothorn Bahn at 10:45 would this be possible to unload boat and purchase tickets, I will have the STP.

The train leaves at 12:20 going back down would 35 minutes at the top be sufficient? Are they bathrooms at the top?

Thanks for you help,

Patsy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2019 at 23:50:20 #912988

At the bottom station of the BRB the time it takes to buy tickets all depends on how busy it is at the time. It’s hard to predict exactly. What you should understand though is that mountain railways like the Rothorn run more than one train at a time (in convoy) so it is rare not to be able to get on a specific departure

35 minutes is enough time to see the basic views at the top. There are toilets – yes. As there are at all Swiss resorts and mountain top stations.

• The thread ‘Planning for Grindelwald to Brienzer Rothorn trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.