Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch ticket from Viator

• Rsteiger
    Participant
    17 posts
    16 February 2019 at 17:58:21 #819954

I called Viator to get a price for the train from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. My question for the customer service rep was, “If I have the Swiss 15 day pass what is the price?” They could not give me a price. Any help? I will buy the ticket in Interlaken West when I know the weather is going to be clear.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2019 at 18:20:33 #904366

Hi RSteiger,

The price can be found on their website (after selecting the date and number of passengers): https://www.viator.com /tours/Interlaken/Jung fraujoch-with-Swiss-Travel-Pass/d5011-50992P4.

Perhaps the confusion was caused by mentioning Grindelwald to them, since what they sell is from Interlaken Ost. The price is the same though, since the leg to Grindelwald is free with your Swiss Travel Pass anyway.

More about tickets, fares and Swiss Travel Pass coverage can be found here:

Enjoy the trip!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 February 2019 at 21:03:15 #904367

STP gets you to Wengen or Grindelwald for “free”. Then see bit.ly/2J5H92u and apply 25% discount for STP.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 February 2019 at 23:27:27 #904368

Pro tip. Wait till you are in the Jungfrau Region and buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch when you know the weather will be favourable. It is a very expensive ticket if all you do is travel in a tunnel to the top and get to study the inside of a rain/snow cloud formation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2019 at 15:43:30 #904369

Thank you Rockoyster for the great tip. I wonder the weather impact on visibility as well.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch ticket from Viator’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.