Grindelwald to Ballenberg Open Air Museum via boat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2017 at 7:27:31 #813150

Hi,

I am trying to figure out on SBB website how to get from Interlaken Ost to Brienz via boat. Everything I have tried including using google maps only gives the train ride. Is there something I should be putting in via to make this work? I have been able to figure it out for other boat trips but not this one. I am hoping to take a lake cruise on my way to the open air museum and visiting Brienz while in the area as well.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 September 2017 at 11:17:10 #869338

On the SBB timetable you can select transport type by going to advanced search. You need to select mode of transport. See attached.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 September 2017 at 13:37:52 #869339

Hi Sunjewel5,

Indeed, use the advanced functions of the timetable after it first pulls up the quickest option (indeed by train). And check the schedules for each leg separately to better understand all options:

• Grindelwald – Interlaken Ost by train
    • Interlaken Ost – Brienz by boat
    • Brienz – Ballenberg by bus

Enjoy the day!

• The thread ‘Grindelwald to Ballenberg Open Air Museum via boat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.