Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Grindelwald to Wengen via Jungfraujoch in summer?

Grindelwald to Wengen via Jungfraujoch in summer?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Paulus
Paulus
28 posts
Feb 4, 2020 - 1:03 PM

Is it possible to climb to Jungfraujoch from Grindewald and continue down to anyplace in Lauterbrunnen valley? Would this cost a premium fare? What is the route (or routes if more than one is possible) and what time would it take?

Arno
Arno
14278 posts
expert &
Feb 4, 2020 - 1:20 PM

Hi Paulus,

Do you literally mean climbing/hiking or taking the train? By train it's not a problem. Many people do this every day.

All route details, a map and a link to the timetable can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere.

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 4, 2020 - 8:15 PM in reply to Paulus

You will find the fare for Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch - Kleine Scheidegg - Wengen - Lauterbrunnen in this pricelist.

Look under Grindelwald for “Jungfraujoch und zurück nach Lauterbrunnen”. Basically “. . and return to Lauterbrunnen

Check the timing following instructions at www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables.

Paulus
Paulus
28 posts
Feb 7, 2020 - 12:44 PM

Thank you Arno and Rockystwer. The variety of locations, connections, prices, passes and options overwhelmed me at the time I raised this comment but I think I have a prettygood plan for my Jungfraujoch day now.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020