Grindelwald to Wengen via Jungfraujoch in summer?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2020 at 13:03:21 #825097

Is it possible to climb to Jungfraujoch from Grindewald and continue down to anyplace in Lauterbrunnen valley? Would this cost a premium fare? What is the route (or routes if more than one is possible) and what time would it take?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 February 2020 at 13:20:54 #929379

Hi Paulus,

Do you literally mean climbing/hiking or taking the train? By train it’s not a problem. Many people do this every day.

All route details, a map and a link to the timetable can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 February 2020 at 20:15:33 #929380

You will find the fare for Grindelwald – Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch – Kleine Scheidegg – Wengen – Lauterbrunnen in this pricelist.

Look under Grindelwald for “Jungfraujoch und zurück nach Lauterbrunnen”. Basically “. . and return to Lauterbrunnen

Check the timing following instructions at http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2020 at 12:44:56 #929381

Thank you Arno and Rockystwer. The variety of locations, connections, prices, passes and options overwhelmed me at the time I raised this comment but I think I have a prettygood plan for my Jungfraujoch day now.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald to Wengen via Jungfraujoch in summer?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.