Grindelwald cliff walk free with Swiss Travel Pass

Grindelwald cliff walk free with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Radha M
Radha M
28 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 4:32 AM

Hello,

As we are buying STP for 4 days, Does it include grindlewald cliff walk?

I will appreciate your reply as always.

Thanks

Arno
Arno
11132 posts
expert &
Jul 14, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi Mehtaradha,

The cliff walk is at First, which can be reached by a gondola from Grindelwald. Gondola tickets are 50% off with your Swiss Travel Pass. Trains to Grindelwald are free with the pass. Once you are up there the "First Cliff Walk by Tissot" is free.

Last modified on Jul 14, 2018 - 10:44 AM by Arno
Radha M
Radha M
28 posts
Jul 15, 2018 - 6:59 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you for your reply

Radha M
Radha M
28 posts
Jul 19, 2018 - 1:50 PM

I am planning to travel on Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Grindelwald with my STP. I have couple of questions.

As I am doing grindelwald first cliff walk and going up in Gandola, what else I can do while I am up there?

I have planned whole day for grindelwald first cliff walk, what other mountain or valley I can do with this excursion?

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
8814 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2018 - 2:56 PM in reply to Radha M

Hi Mehtaradha,

There are a few activities you can do at the top of First and they are noted here: scroll down to "Summer Highlights" https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/

You can also do a really nice hike to the Bachalpsee described here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/bachsee

If you still have time later in the afternoon to go somewhere else, look at going to Pfingstegg or Männlichen cable ways. But there is a lot to do on First to keep you busy.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018