Grindelwald cliff walk free with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2018 at 4:32:49 #817258

Hello,

As we are buying STP for 4 days, Does it include grindlewald cliff walk?

I will appreciate your reply as always.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    14 July 2018 at 10:44:06 #891334

Hi Mehtaradha,

The cliff walk is at First, which can be reached by a gondola from Grindelwald. Gondola tickets are 50% off with your Swiss Travel Pass. Trains to Grindelwald are free with the pass. Once you are up there the “First Cliff Walk by Tissot” is free.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2018 at 18:59:21 #891335

Thank you for your reply

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2018 at 13:50:23 #891336

I am planning to travel on Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Grindelwald with my STP. I have couple of questions.

As I am doing grindelwald first cliff walk and going up in Gandola, what else I can do while I am up there?

I have planned whole day for grindelwald first cliff walk, what other mountain or valley I can do with this excursion?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2018 at 14:56:53 #891337

Hi Mehtaradha,

There are a few activities you can do at the top of First and they are noted here: scroll down to “Summer Highlights” https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/

You can also do a really nice hike to the Bachalpsee described here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/bachsee

If you still have time later in the afternoon to go somewhere else, look at going to Pfingstegg or Männlichen cable ways. But there is a lot to do on First to keep you busy.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald cliff walk free with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.