Individual Swiss Travel Passes for 4 adults/1 kid

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 5:05:28 #822618

Hi, I have booked my swiss pass on raileurope.com for 4 adults and one child. I have received a PDF ticket but i have only received one ticket with only my childs name on it. Do we use this and see the travel customer services once we arrive or we need individual tickets for everyone ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 July 2019 at 5:26:17 #916795

Hello Channniie and Welcome to MySwissAlps

If you are meaning the Swiss Travel Pass (Swiss Pass is something different and not for tourists) then you should have one per adult. The one you have with a child’s name on it sounds like a Swiss Family Card which enables children <16 >5 to travel free with an adult.

Bit not being able to see what you received I’m guessing a bit.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 July 2019 at 6:02:23 #916796

Hi Channniie,

My guess is the same as Rockoyster’s: you should receive 4 Swiss Travel Passes and 1 Swiss Family Card. It might all be in one PDF document, but you can print that to 5 pages. Once printed, you’re good to go, no need to see customer services unless you think something is wrong with the passes.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 6:18:09 #916797

Hi guys, Thanks for your help. Yes it is a swiss travel pass that i have booked. The one with the childs name states on it that it is a swiss family card. So does that mean I will still need 4 more tickets ? the PDF file one has one page on it. We have emailed the customer service email address but we have not had a response. I have booked these a month ago but only realised now that we leave in 2 weeks to switzerland. Do you guys have any advise on how to get the other 4 tickets ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 6:42:01 #916798

I wiuld also like to add, I have received the booking confirmation email and that states all 5 passangers on it ( 4 adults and 1child).

So just to start from the beginning in case any confusion. I have booked with raileurope.com for swiss travel passes, i then received a confirmation email with all 5 passengers name. 2 days later i received an email from them but the attachment was not pdf and couldnt be open. The next day i received another email with PDF attached but only states childs name on it and says Swiss Family Card on the ticket

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 July 2019 at 8:53:50 #916799

Hi Channniie,

Ok, in that case you’re missing the 4 adult passes. Perhaps they are in the attachment you could not open, but in any case you need to get in touch with Rail Europe. Contact details are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/raileur ope. If you live in the USA you can call them too, I’m not sure about other countries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2019 at 9:17:49 #916800

Thanks Arno- i live in australia is there a contact number ?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 July 2019 at 9:30:32 #916801

There is an on-line chat at http://www.raileurope.com.au/ spip.php?page=contact. An actual phone number is harder to come by.

• The thread ‘Individual Swiss Travel Passes for 4 adults/1 kid’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.