Group discount train tickets France to Switzerland

• Arno
    15483 posts
    3 September 2018 at 17:26:28 #818213

Hi everyone,

Train tickets to travel from France to Switzerland or vice versa are extra cheap until December 27, 2018. The low prices apply to groups of 3 to 5 people with residency outside of Europe. Prices start at € 30 per person for one way tickets.

Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/prom otions for where to book these tickets.

This promotion applies to these routes:

• Paris to/from Geneva*, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, Vallorbe*, Bern, Zürich and Basel*;
    • Geneva* to/from Lyon Part-Dieu, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence and Marseille.

How to take advantage of the low prices:

• Book as soon as your travel date is fixed;
    • Be flexible. The lowest prices are only available for specific departure times;
    • If you are traveling with 6 or more people: try to add tickets for 3 to 5 people to your shopping cart, and repeat that process until you have tickets for everyone;
    • You can book tickets for up to 5 months in the future, so until late May 2019, if you book in December.

Happy travels!

*) Border stations. Your Swiss Travel Pass is valid to/from these stations.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2018 at 13:26:56 #895543

Hi Arno,

Unfortunately I am unable to book at these prices, we are a group of 4. The rates I am seeing are very very high, about 6-7 times for travel in sep 18.

Cheers

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 September 2018 at 14:07:50 #895544

Hi PL,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I don’t know the route you’re interested in, but when I checked Paris to Zurich, the 12:23 PM train is only €140 for all 4 of you: http://www.raileurope-world.com/train/tgv-lyfia. That’s a great price. You might be out of luck for your route though, as most cheaper tickets for September 18 will be sold by now. Booking early is best.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 September 2018 at 13:49:25 #895545

Hi PL,

Did you find a good price for a train that suits your schedule? Meanwhile there are more websites offering the low prices. They are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/prom otions. Although there’s probably no difference in which trains are cheapest.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2018 at 23:22:48 #895546

Hi Arno, I dont get the special prices for my date 19 sept when I go to that link. I am seeing prices such as 140 euro. I will check again on this new one

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2018 at 6:13:16 #895547

Hi Arno,

We are just two people travelling on 19th sept, can you help me with the cheapest prices of any swiss railway station. As, I have checked and got very high prices.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2018 at 17:03:47 #895548

Hi Carishabh7,

If you aren’t finding the lower prices then they are sold out. They don’t last forever unfortunately.

You can still find tickets and prices on the links from Arno but prices fluctuate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2018 at 2:20:21 #895549

I am looking something good price from Paris to Zurich and then Zurich to Lucerne , interlaken then back to Paris please guide me ..

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 September 2018 at 4:51:30 #895550

Hi Sharmeenimti, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Please follow my link in the first post and click to one of the listed websites. If you need more help specifically for the Switzerland to France tickets then please provide details like the number of travelers, travel dates/times and routes.

To get help regarding your entire trip, please read http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. If that doesn’t help you then post your trip details in a new thread. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 3:06:37 #895551

I don’t see that promotion applied to my price.

I am trying to get tickets from Paris to Zurich on Oct 2nd for 6 people ( 4 adults and 2 kids 4-16)

Thanks,

Mayank

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 September 2018 at 5:23:58 #895552

Hi Mayank, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Most websites do not really apply a discount to a higher price, they show the lowest price straight away. But you might be too late for the best prices as your trip is only a week from now. I did a search for you and found prices of € 75 per person through https://www.trainline. eu/search, but indeed no cheaper options. Note the comments in my first post about traveling with 6 or more people: you’ll have to split the search in order to find the lowest prices.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 5:51:33 #895553

Thanks very much for these details.

Do they have discount for disabled kid ( 6 years)?

If yes, then could you please guide me how to get that?

Thanks,

Mayank

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 12:09:39 #895554

Hi Medi,

I am not aware of disable discounts, but you could double check with trainline before booking any tickets. Generally countries only give disabled discounts to residents and not tourists (that is the case in Switzerland).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2018 at 1:36:03 #895555

Hi,

We’re a group of 7 adults from the Philippines and we’re planning to buy a 4day Swiss Travel Pass from Oct11 -14.

What’s the best and cheapest way to buy the card? Got advise for us to buy these at Zurich airport when we land and I also saw notes to just buy these online. Someone also told us there are discounts for a group of 7?

On our last day, we plan to use this for a trip from Luzern Station to the St. Louis Train station (not the Gare de Saint Louis La Chaussee which is about 3 minutes away). Does the Swiss Travel Pass allow us to travel for free till the last station, or only until the main Gare de Saint Louis La Chaussee? Thank you.

Jun

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 September 2018 at 6:30:21 #895556

Hi Jun,

You can best buy the Swiss Travel Pass online, please find options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. That will save you a lot of time on arrival as you can print the passes at home and use them straight away. Buying at the airport will be rather time consuming for 7 people, even apart from the possible queue. Also an online purchase gets you a backup to print again if you would loose the pass.

The validity map can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. The pass is valid to the border station Basel St. Johann, so you need a ticket from there. The easiest way is to get a ticket from Basel SBB (main station) as tickets from Basel St. Johann are not available online as far as I know. Please see https://www.trainline. eu/search. It costs less than € 3. You can try at any staffed station too, but I am not sure if they are selling this.

If you have further questions, please open a new thread as the discussion here is about a ticket promotion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 5:10:34 #895557

Hi guys,

I was planning my trip around Christmas from Paris to Zurich, seems like the reservation is not available after December 9, do you know when the timetable for 2019 will be on?

Thanks,

Victor

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 5:42:04 #895558

Hi Victor and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The timetable is released in mid-October (or thereabouts). Please start a new thread for new topics in the future (this thread is about group discount tickets to France).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 16:02:50 #895559

Thanks Arno.

• The thread ‘Group discount train tickets France to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.