Groupons in Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
bhavana2305
bhavana2305
9 posts
Aug 12, 2015 - 7:32 PM

Has anyone (Visitor) used Groupon or such in any part of switzerland for food or other activities available on the website? I use the groupon a lot in the US and not sure if it is as simple as we use it here? Do I need some kind of ID proof or will I be restricted to use them, if I did? heard food is very expensive, so just trying to be within budget. :)

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2015 - 7:50 AM

Hi bhavana2305,

I don't use Groupon myself but you can find their offers on their Swiss site at www.groupon.ch. There are many more ways to save money in Switzerland. Please see:

bhavana2305
bhavana2305
9 posts
Aug 13, 2015 - 12:47 PM in reply to Arno

Thank Arno. Will it be of any problem since we are visitors?

Arno
Arno
13979 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2015 - 5:15 PM in reply to bhavana2305

I don't know, sorry. I have never used Groupon. The other two links I gave you apply to everybody for sure.

wylerb
wylerb
5 posts
Aug 14, 2015 - 8:51 PM in reply to Arno

There is also a Swiss site "DeinDeal.ch" that offers Groupon like deals, and you can download a phone app for it. Good luck.. Bruno

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6604 posts
expert
Aug 15, 2015 - 7:21 PM in reply to bhavana2305

<<"heard food is very expensive">>

For sure.

A small compensation - if you stay at an inn or hotel, breakfast is usually included and can be a good size meal.

Let us know how you made out after you have been there; It would be useful for a lot of forum members.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019