Any accommodation in Gspon (Valais, Switzerland)?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mjsummit
mjsummit
21 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 8:59 AM

Can anyone help with finding accommodations in Gspon ?

I have not been able to find anything and I am planning a hike that goes through there on 6 Alpenpässe-Weg.

Pension Alpenblick at Gspon will not be open.

Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
9566 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 2:51 PM in reply to mjsummit
Hi mjsummit,

There is the Hotel Ackersand if that can work for you?

When are you going to be there?

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 2:52 PM by Lucas
mjsummit
mjsummit
21 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 3:09 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas, Thanks for replying. We will be there the beginning of July. Do you know if there is lift to/from Stalden-Gspon and if runs in the summer ? ( I see one on the map) . I am a little worried about being able the get there. We will be hiking from Simplonpass and it is a long way. ( Length 24 km Ascents | Descents 1250 m | 1400 m Hiking time 8 h 20 + min) from Swiss Mobility site.. I also don't see a clear way to get to Ackersand from the trial. ( see attached map). I have time to add another day if we need to detour some but not sure where to go , we are going to Saas Fe from there.

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks.

mjsummit
mjsummit
21 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 3:10 PM in reply to mjsummit
Lucas
Lucas
9566 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 3:46 PM in reply to mjsummit

Hi Mjsummit,

Seems very odd that the Pension Alpenblick would be closed....I thought July is peak season for them?

Yes, it probably is a bit annoying to get off the trail and down to the Hotel Ackersand. The gondola is running though. You can search the gondolas schedules on the Swiss railways timetable here. The gondola (luftseilbahn in German) has its own website as well but it is only showing the timetable until March as a PDF.

For small gondolas like that I find the station names on Google Maps and just input on the SBB timetable (Stalden LSG to Gspon) to find schedules.

Arno
Arno
11340 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 3:59 PM

Hi mjsummit,

There is a (small) lift from Stalden train station to Gspon, with a change in Staldenried. It operates quite frequently: www.luftseilbahn-staldenried.ch/tarife-fahrplan-und-infos.html. You can find the schedule in the nation wide timetable too: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. Fill out "Stalden-Saas" or "Stalden LSG" here, not just "Stalden" as there are multiple places with that name. Ackersand is 1 km north of Stalden.

The route you are proposing is very long for one day. You can consider to walk as far as Gibidumpass and the take the chairlift from Giw down to Visperterminen to spend the night there. It's a little village with a few facilities, wonderful views, some vineyards and a bus service to Visp. It even had a small supermarket when I was there many years ago. Not sure if it's still there. Note that you will have to descend 240 m from the pass to reach the chairlift.

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 4:00 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018