Gstaad & Montreux from Murren via Golden Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
shamik
shamik
2 posts
Jun 28, 2016 - 6:43 AM

Hi,

We will be staying in Murren during the last week of September 2016 for 4 nights. We want to utilize one day to go to Gstaad and Montreux. I understand we can take the Golden Pass railway from Zweissimmen.

My queries are:

1. Is reserving our seat absolutely necessary during that time of the year?

2. Can we take a local (not Golden Pass) train from Zweissimmen to Gstaad (I guess 30 mts only) and then take the Golden Pass from Gstaad to Montreux ( 1.5 hours )? Is reservation necessary in this leg?

3. Is the whole trip (Murren - Zweissimmen- Gstaad (stop for 2 hours)- Montreux (stop for 2 hours) and back to Murren doable in one day assuming we start early?

Thanks in advance.

shamik

Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2016 - 6:04 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Shamik!

The Golden Pass line already starts in Interlaken, but the highlight is indeed Zweisimmen to Montreux. You'll find all details and a map here: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass.

1. No, you don't need to reserve seats: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets.

2. You can take any train you want. All trains follow the same route.

3. Yes, it is. Please see the timetable for train schedules.

Enjoy the ride!

shamik
shamik
2 posts
Jun 29, 2016 - 6:10 AM

Hi Annika,

Thanks for you reply. It answers all my queries. Looking forward to the trip!

Regards

Shamik

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019