GUIDE ME TO EXPLORE SWISS – MY DREAM PLACE

• shwethadrs
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 July 2011 at 6:42:09 #804557

HI !

I am arriving to basel bad bf on 13th Aug 4 days i.e 16th Aug i wil be returning back to my homw town

During dese 4 days of stay i would like to cover many places….(if not d most beautiful places )

I found the following places from internet —

• Mount titlis
    • Jungfraujoch
    • Schilthorn
    • Interlaken
    • Lake Lucerne
    • Mount Pilatus
    • Zurich————–( which are the attractive places n most important which should not be missed )
    • Thun lake

so many places r dere i dont know which to travel can somebody guide me plz 🙁

i would love to cover all places but short of time – can somebody help me out in make my trips for 4 days visting maximum places

waiting for your reply soon

Thank you
    Hav a Nice Day 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 July 2011 at 4:31:40 #833708

Hi shwethadrs,

Welcome here! There are lots of places to see, lots of trails to walk. The best selection depends on your personal interests. Based on your list and your limited amount of time, this is what I would do: I would skip Zurich and go straight to Lucerne for 2 days (Lake Lucerne, Titlis, Pilatus). Then I would take the train to Interlaken via Meiringen (Golden Pass) and do (some of) the other attractions from there. Zurich is great, but I would prefer to stay in the Alps rather than a city for a short first visit.

The timetable will help you to plan the traveling. A 4-day Swiss Pass is ideal to cover for your trips (be sure to check the discounts that may apply to you).

I hope this is a start to make your dream come true!

shwethadrs
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 July 2011 at 8:20:26 #833709

Thanks arno

yours suggestion helped me lot to plan the trip…

i would like to have a night boat ride from thun…but i dont know to which place to go or wise a versa.

jungfru is nice or pilatus is gud ?? (i can visit either one of them which is nice and along with d mountain want to combine some near by area of the mountain )

in one day is it possible to visit visit schiltron and trim. glacier fall ??

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 July 2011 at 14:55:06 #833710

Hi shwethadrs,

Timetables for the boats are on the BLS website. It doesn’t really matter which section you pick (it’s all beautiful), although I don’t think many night boats allow you to even choose as most are circular trips.

The Jungfrau and Pilatus are very different. You can consider Rigi instead of Pilatus. It’s free with your Swiss Pass and you can easily do some hiking up there.

Yes, the Schilthorn valley station (Stechelberg) is close to the Trümmelbach Waterfalls. You can get from one to the other by bus (5 minutes or so) or on foot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2011 at 15:09:43 #833711

Hi shwethadrs, There is an evening cruise on Lake Thun on Tuesdays to Saturdays. It leaves the landing stage at Thun (opposite the railway station) at 18.33 and arrives in Beatenbucht at 19.56 before returming straight back to Thun and arriving at 21.21. Check the train timetable for trians between Interlaken and Thun. If you have Swiss Pass both train and boat will be free. Without a pass it costs 41chf each for cruise. There is a similar evening cruise on Lake Brienz from Interlaken Ost. For full details go to http://www.bls.ch – you can click on EN for English, then Navigation for all details of cruises on the two lakes, including timetables etc. Enjoy! Maggie

shwethadrs
    Participant
    5 posts
    5 August 2011 at 9:44:05 #833712

Thanks for suggesting….i am almost planned with swiss trip

1) i want to go to rhine fall …..with the boat ride to the center stone island of the falls…can u help me how to go about there ??

2) for mount titlis when is first cable car ride begins and ends………?? Is there any lockers on the mountain to place our luggage ??

[quote]maggiehorswell said: Hi shwethadrs, There is an evening cruise on Lake Thun on Tuesdays to Saturdays. It leaves the landing stage at Thun (opposite the railway station) at 18.33 and arrives in Beatenbucht at 19.56 before returming straight back to Thun and arriving at 21.21. Check the train timetable for trians between Interlaken and Thun. If you have Swiss Pass both train and boat will be free. Without a pass it costs 41chf each for cruise. There is a similar evening cruise on Lake Brienz from Interlaken Ost. For full details go to http://www.bls.ch – you can click on EN for English, then Navigation for all details of cruises on the two lakes, including timetables etc. Enjoy! Maggie[/quote]

shwethadrs
    Participant
    5 posts
    5 August 2011 at 10:07:35 #833713

Hi !

how far is trummbalch falls from murren cable car station ??

Annika
    7103 posts
    6 August 2011 at 6:29:14 #833714

Hi shwethadrs! You can enter ‘Mürren LSMS-lsms’ as your departure station and ‘Trümmelbachfälle’ as your destination in the timetable for exact traveling times and connections. This topic may be interesting too.

• The thread ‘GUIDE ME TO EXPLORE SWISS – MY DREAM PLACE’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.