Half day in Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2012 at 14:44:51 #805566

Greetings moderator,

I would like to spend half day in Grindelwald, After reading many post i just got confused.

1) i would like to know the major attractions in Grindelwald ?
    2) I prefer to take boat and cable cars, what would be best route ?
    3) Whenever i search in Sbb.ch, it does not show cable cars and boat options, it shows the normal route, is there any map which shows all the possible transport from one destination to another destination ? or any web site available to serve this purpose ?
    4) What is special about Eiger ??

regards
    Ameen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 August 2012 at 5:02:32 #837021

I suggest you take a look at this day trip overview and do some research on Kleine Scheidegg, Männlichen and First. Proposals for day trips around the area are listed here. You can download the Swiss Pass validity map from the Swiss Pass page to see all means of transport and/or use an online map such as maps.search.ch. Most of the (mountain) transportation near Grindelwald is explained at the Jungfrau railways website too.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    25 August 2012 at 5:08:50 #837022

Hello Ameen,

As for the Eiger, just google “Eiger” and you will be able to see and read why this mountain is special. It’s impressive, it’s known for the many climbs and the train to Jungfraujoch runs trough it, amongst other things. When you’re in the Bernese Oberland, you can’t miss the Eiger…

• The thread ‘Half day in Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.