Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Swiss Half Fare Card and kids travel questions

Swiss Half Fare Card and kids travel questions

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Patel
Patel
6 posts
Feb 14, 2020 - 3:56 AM

Hello, We are 2 families ( 4 adults and 4 kids ages 10-15) spending 4 nights in Switzerland and booked the apartment in Lautenbrunnen. Planing to do day trip to Jungfroujoch , Lucerne and Mt Titlis. Thinking to buy half fare card. I read that with half fare card kids under 16 can travel free. While buying train tickets do I need add kids? What I need to do to make kids travel with us free while buying tickets from SBB site? I attached the screenshot from SBB site.

Please login to see the attached documents
rockoyster
rockoyster
8758 posts
expert
Feb 14, 2020 - 5:38 AM in reply to Patel

Hi Patel,

If you have children (>5<16) they will travel free with a Swiss Family Card (www.myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard) which is available for free when acquired in conjunction with a Swiss Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass) or Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard).

Your kids don’t need tickets. You just show the Swiss family card to the inspector on the train.

See www.myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard/howtouse. You’d have to admit that is even more than half fair. 😉

Last modified on Feb 14, 2020 - 5:40 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020