Half Fare Card - can buy ticket before its valid?

Half Fare Card - can buy ticket before its valid?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 5:50 AM

Hi everyone

Example: Lets say I already buy my ticket, and my half fare pass start date on 7 July, does this means i can only buy the single ticket with 50% starting on 7 July?

OR I can start to buy my train tickets now today which is 2nd July for trips i take on 8th July?

Thanks in advance!

Best

LemonC

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 7:14 AM in reply to LemonC

Welcome to MySwissAlps LemonC!

You can buy tickets just before you travel or in advance, either online or at the station.

LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 7:30 AM in reply to Arno

Meaning I can buy the ticket with 50% off now even my half fare pass valid from 7th July?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 6:24 PM

Hi LemonC,

Yes, you can already buy discounted tickets now, for traveling from July 7 with your valid Swiss Half Fare Card. You can't buy discounted tickets for the days before July 7, it that's what you mean, as your pass won't be valid yet. I hope it's all clear now!

LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 3, 2017 - 3:24 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks! yes its clear now. Maybe i didnt made it clear in my last msg. haha

My question was, if I can buy ticket with 5 0% off before my half fare pass start valid. (i have the card now but the start date is 7 July)

all good now , thanks again

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018