Half Fare Card - can buy ticket before its valid?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 5:50 AM

Hi everyone

Example: Lets say I already buy my ticket, and my half fare pass start date on 7 July, does this means i can only buy the single ticket with 50% starting on 7 July?

OR I can start to buy my train tickets now today which is 2nd July for trips i take on 8th July?

Thanks in advance!

Best

LemonC

Arno
Arno
12330 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 7:14 AM in reply to LemonC

Welcome to MySwissAlps LemonC!

You can buy tickets just before you travel or in advance, either online or at the station.

LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 7:30 AM in reply to Arno

Meaning I can buy the ticket with 50% off now even my half fare pass valid from 7th July?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
5008 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 6:24 PM

Hi LemonC,

Yes, you can already buy discounted tickets now, for traveling from July 7 with your valid Swiss Half Fare Card. You can't buy discounted tickets for the days before July 7, it that's what you mean, as your pass won't be valid yet. I hope it's all clear now!

LemonC
LemonC
3 posts
Jul 3, 2017 - 3:24 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks! yes its clear now. Maybe i didnt made it clear in my last msg. haha

My question was, if I can buy ticket with 5 0% off before my half fare pass start valid. (i have the card now but the start date is 7 July)

all good now , thanks again

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019