Half Fare Card – can buy ticket before its valid?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2017 at 5:50:01 #812474

Hi everyone

Example: Lets say I already buy my ticket, and my half fare pass start date on 7 July, does this means i can only buy the single ticket with 50% starting on 7 July?

OR I can start to buy my train tickets now today which is 2nd July for trips i take on 8th July?

Thanks in advance!

Best

LemonC

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 July 2017 at 7:14:28 #866102

Welcome to MySwissAlps LemonC!

You can buy tickets just before you travel or in advance, either online or at the station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2017 at 7:30:19 #866103

Meaning I can buy the ticket with 50% off now even my half fare pass valid from 7th July?

Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 July 2017 at 18:24:24 #866104

Hi LemonC,

Yes, you can already buy discounted tickets now, for traveling from July 7 with your valid Swiss Half Fare Card. You can’t buy discounted tickets for the days before July 7, it that’s what you mean, as your pass won’t be valid yet. I hope it’s all clear now!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2017 at 3:24:47 #866105

Thanks! yes its clear now. Maybe i didnt made it clear in my last msg. haha

My question was, if I can buy ticket with 5 0% off before my half fare pass start valid. (i have the card now but the start date is 7 July)

all good now , thanks again

• The thread ‘Half Fare Card – can buy ticket before its valid?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.