Swiss Half Fare Card for 2 nights in Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 16:29:39 #810955

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to help us.

My friend and I will be traveling from the Geneva Airport on 16/5/17 to Lauterbrunnen, and back to the airport on 18/5/17. While in Lauterbrunnen we would like to go to Jungfraujoch and possibly the Schilthorn. I have been trying to figure out the best, most economical, way to travel.

It looks like tickets to/from the airport are around 43 CHF each way. As I understand it, with the Swiss Pass we would get 25% off of travel from Wengen to Jungfraujoch and 50% off of the cable car to Schilthorn, plus free train travel.

As I understand it, with the Half Fare Card we would receive half off of all train tickets, even to Jungfraujoch. However, I can’t tell whether or not we would receive 50% off of the cable car from the Stechelberg Schilthornbahn, even to Murren. Would we get any discount on that cable car?

We would be so grateful for your help figuring this out.

Thank you so kindly,

DSpalding

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 March 2017 at 16:50:45 #859582

Welcome to MySwissAlps DSpalding!

I recommend to follow the instructions on myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass to find the cheapest pass for your trip. Also see myswissalps.com/ timetable for how to find ticket prices.

A single trip from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen costs CHF 82.60. With a Swiss Half Fare Card it would be half that amount, and with a Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass, that’s for Swiss residents) it would be free.

The Schilthornbahn is 50% discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card as well. You can download the maps to see what’s included/discounted:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 18:10:09 #859583

Arno, thank you so very much for your help with our trip.

I was confused because the download for the Swiss Travel Pass specifies the Schilthorn cable car, but the download for the Half Fare Card does not.

I now see that the train ticket is 82.60 CHF each way. The way I had pulled it up before said FROM 43.60 CHF.

With deepest regards,

DSpalding

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 March 2017 at 18:27:35 #859584

You’re welcome, and thanks to you as well for pointing out Schilthorn was not listed on the Swiss Half Fare Card page (only on the downloadable map). I have added it now.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card for 2 nights in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.