Swiss Half Fare Card with Matterhorn Peak pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Annladams
Annladams
3 posts
Jul 26, 2017 - 4:05 AM

I am considering buying the half fare card because I want to use lots of gondolas, cable cars, trains, etc. from Zermatt for three days. Am I correct in understanding that if I buy the 3 day Matterhorn peak pass that costs 220chf, it will only cost me 110chf?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:22 AM in reply to Annladams

Hi Annladams and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Actually for the Zermatt Peak Pass the Swiss Half Fare Card only gets the price reduced to 165CHF - because the peak pass is a private company offer and not from SBB I believe (great that there is a discount though).

The Swiss Half Fare Card is 120CHF plus the 165CHF so the cost doesn't make sense if you are only using public transport in Zermatt on those 3 days. If however this is part of a bigger trip around Switzerland I would buy the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Lucas

rockoyster
rockoyster
4616 posts
expert
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:26 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Interseting. What does "The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth" mean precisely? I'm hoping the discount increases with age! 😇

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:40 AM in reply to rockoyster

I would guess so :)

They need a price reduction for "part-time expat workers" too I think ;)

rockoyster
rockoyster
4616 posts
expert
Jul 26, 2017 - 9:40 AM in reply to Lucas

I'm waxing the skis as we speak!

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 4:34 PM in reply to rockoyster

I skied there early 2016 and the altitude killed me! I forgot I've never skied/exerted myself at 3000 meters before!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019