Swiss Half Fare Card with Matterhorn Peak pass?

Swiss Half Fare Card with Matterhorn Peak pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Annladams
Annladams
1 post
Jul 26, 2017 - 4:05 AM

I am considering buying the half fare card because I want to use lots of gondolas, cable cars, trains, etc. from Zermatt for three days. Am I correct in understanding that if I buy the 3 day Matterhorn peak pass that costs 220chf, it will only cost me 110chf?

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:22 AM in reply to Annladams

Hi Annladams and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Actually for the Zermatt Peak Pass the Swiss Half Fare Card only gets the price reduced to 165CHF - because the peak pass is a private company offer and not from SBB I believe (great that there is a discount though).

The Swiss Half Fare Card is 120CHF plus the 165CHF so the cost doesn't make sense if you are only using public transport in Zermatt on those 3 days. If however this is part of a bigger trip around Switzerland I would buy the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Lucas

rockoyster
rockoyster
3687 posts
expert
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:26 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Interseting. What does "The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth" mean precisely? I'm hoping the discount increases with age! 😇

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:40 AM in reply to rockoyster

I would guess so :)

They need a price reduction for "part-time expat workers" too I think ;)

rockoyster
rockoyster
3687 posts
expert
Jul 26, 2017 - 9:40 AM in reply to Lucas

I'm waxing the skis as we speak!

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 4:34 PM in reply to rockoyster

I skied there early 2016 and the altitude killed me! I forgot I've never skied/exerted myself at 3000 meters before!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018