Swiss Half Fare Card from Klook

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 11:47:33 #820362

We bought half fare card from klook.com website as mentioned in myswissalps.com, however when we tried to use them in trains and in activities ticket checkers/ authorities decliced validity of half fare card purchased from klook and because of which we have to pay full fare for trains and for activities.

is it by any means a genuine website ?? Klook ?

although swiss alps does provide link for purchasing half fare card via klook but those are not working here

Can any one help ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 March 2019 at 12:01:48 #906304

Hi Nagpalr90,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Sure, Klook is a legitimate company, particularly well known in Asia but selling to other regions as well. We only list genuine website here at MySwissAlps.

Can you attach the document you used on the trains so I can take a look? You need the actual Swiss Half Fare Card that should have been mailed to you, not a confirmation e-mail, for example.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 12:21:46 #906305

Hi

I recieved attach voucher from klook and presented same to ticket checkers, however they declined validity of same and said this is something which they have seen for first time moreover qr code on voucher is not readable by any of the ticket checker.

please find attachments.

Regards

rahul

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 March 2019 at 12:39:21 #906306

Hi Rahul,

I don’t see an attachment yet. You can e-mail it to us if you have trouble attaching it here. Attachments can be up to 1 Mb in size.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 12:39:25 #906307

Hey , did you check with Klook ? and did they reply ? cos i am looking of getting from them for my upcoming trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 13:13:08 #906308

Hi Arno,

i have sent a mail with attachments. Could you please see and reply.

Regards

Rahul

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 13:14:22 #906309

I did tried reaching them but unable to do so, although sent a mail as well couple of days back but no reply as of yet.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 March 2019 at 13:40:01 #906310

Hi Rahul,

Thank you, I received your attachment. It is a voucher, not a Swiss Half Fare Card. You either have to take the voucher to a train station to get the Swiss Half Fare Card, or the Swiss Half Fare Card will be mailed to your home address or any other address you filled out on their website. I am not 100% sure which option it is and will see if I can check with Klook for you. Both options are mentioned on https://www.klook.com/ activity/10184-swiss-half-fare-card-switzerland/, but they don’t mention that customers will receive the actual Swiss Half Fare Card via e-mail. If you prefer that, several other retailers do offer print at home, but Klook not yet for this product. Retailers are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

I’ll get back to you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 13:45:04 #906311

Did you received something like this ? which need to fill up your name and passport no. ? form what i read , this is the half card , the confirmation and QR code is just a confirmation booking from Klook .. anyway I just ordered from them and see how it goes cos it’s with % now and i read most review are ok with their purchases.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 March 2019 at 6:15:53 #906312

Hi Rahul,

Klook confirmed that you received the booking confirmation. The actual Swiss Half Fare Card has been sent via physical mail. Their page I referred to in my previous post explains this: “Deliveries are not available during weekends and holidays. Please note that the timeline is for reference only, it is strongly recommended to book at least 7 business days before you intend to receive your parcel“. Their order system seems to prevent ordering less than 7 days in advance. Were you already traveling when you ordered?

Since you are already in Switzerland I assume you won’t be able to receive the card. So you may want to consider to cancel it. Normally you’d get an 85% refund, but please double check with Klook as this may not apply if the start date has already expired. You can buy a new Swiss Half Fare Card at the train station, or online through any retailer that e-mails the card immediately: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price. The official tourist website of the Swiss railways is a good option: https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home.

I will ask Klook to get back to you in case they haven’t replied to your e-mail yet. Please check your spam box as well. Sometimes e-mails end up in there.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 March 2019 at 8:28:32 #906313

Hi Rahul,

Were you able to sort this out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2019 at 13:36:14 #906314

Not exactly, but they said they are investigating this issue.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 March 2019 at 12:07:32 #906315

Allright! Well, just let us know if you need more help from us.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2019 at 14:15:29 #906316

Did not received any refund from them, moreover just got a call from there Delivery partner (DHL) to pay around 30 CHF more as custom duty for passes which are of no use to me now, as i have already traveled back from Switzerland.

Additionally, there was nowhere mentioned on their website that we have to pay custom duty as well to get these passes, these terms should be clearly mentioned so that customers can get to know exact price for passes

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 March 2019 at 10:34:32 #906317

Hi Rahul,

I’m sorry to hear that! It’s the first time I ever heard of a customs duty being charged on a rail pass. It’s probably a matter of customs in your country, but I’ll see what I can find out for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 10:48:24 #906318

Issue is they have not only sent rail pass rather bundled up them with some other accessories and due to which its a parcel having a price tag of around INR 8000 and due to which Custom duty has been levied on it.

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 March 2019 at 12:12:05 #906319

Hi Rahul,

That’s interesting, please be sure they know about that. Normally a simple envelope would have been enough.

I understand from Klook that you agreed on them investigating this issue before any refund takes place. Also I understand that you picked March 10 as the start date when you ordered on March 3, but a start date of March 5 was required for your trip. Is all of this correct? Either way, I think it’s important to give Klook some time to look into this and then see what they come up with.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 14:06:28 #906320

I think why it becomes a parcel is because of the freebies included , Not sure if that is correct but from the reviews i saw from Klook website , some customers posted that they received some freebies with their HFC. Am still waiting for my pass to be sent to me in the coming week i think.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 March 2019 at 10:07:11 #906321

Hi Rahul,

I heard that Klook offers you a full refund for the purchased card and a credit for the custom duty. I hope the issue is solved to your satisfaction now.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card from Klook’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.