Half Fare Card online

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2016 at 20:22:00 #810417

Please I need advice

I am trying to buy the Half Fare Card online. But I read somewhere you can choose to get it mailed to you within 3 working days. But now I see something about 7 working days. Will I receive it within 3 working days if I pay now? We are arriving in Switzerland on Thursday.

Also I haven’t seen the option of choosing 2 x family card for the kids younger than 16.

Or is that later in the booking process?

It also gives me the option to choose an online ticket, but then I am still asked for a postal delivery address.

Or should I rather buy it when we arrive on Thursday? We are arriving at 10 pm at Zurich Airport – can we buy the Half Fare Cards and get the Family Cards late at night at a ticket machine at the airport?

Your help would be much appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    4 December 2016 at 20:51:46 #857317

Hi Vanessa,

Just to be sure you are using the right website: you need to go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en, fill out all requested information (travelers, address, etc.), and select “Online Ticket” as the delivery option. All other comments about delivery can be ignored, you will receive the card through e-mail within 3 business days, and usually in only 1 or 2.

As soon as you have selected the number of card for the adults, they will ask whether you want the free Swiss Family Card for the children.

Buying at the airport takes more time, and the ticket counter may very well be closed once you reach it. I think they close 10:30 PM. You can’t buy the Swiss Half Fare Card from the machines.

Did it work for you now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2016 at 20:57:47 #857318

You are amazing thank hou Annika!

Yes that is the correct site that I am on.

If you say it will be mailed within 3 working days, I believe you .

I am sure we won’t make the manned counters as we will only be landing at 10 pm and then passport control, luggage collection and customs follows.

It is a bit of a weird site – the fact that you choose the online option, but it still asks for a “delivery address”.

Anyway please hold thumbs – I am going ahead and paying now.

Thanks once again Annika for a speedy reply. You guys are life savers!

• The thread ‘Half Fare Card online’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.