Swiss Half Fare Card or Eurail for a 6-day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2019 at 15:23:07 #824001

Hello everyone.

i’m hoping you experts can help me with figuring out rail costs. I have one senior and one adult traveling to Switzerland from December 2-8. So, 6 days. We land in Zurich but plan to base in Lucerne and travel to Bern, Basel, and Zurich on day trips to explore the cities and see the Christmas markets. We re also considering Rigi and Pilatus. Jungfraujoch has been debated but due to the short daylight hours, we don’t think it’s worth it.

Am I better finish getting the Eurail promotion or doing Swiss Half Fare passes for our week there? The main plan is to stay in Switzerland but if the Eurail works better, we could potentially go into Germany for a good market there if the days are too cloudy for the mountains.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card or Eurail for a 6-day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.