Happy holidays and 2018 from MySwissAlps

• Arno
    15484 posts
    19 December 2017 at 9:51:38 #813845

Dear MySwissAlps members and visitors,

First of all, we wish you all the best for 2018. And for everyone celebrating Christmas: happy holidays!

Secondly, a big thank you to all loyal visitors of MySwissAlps, including forum contributors, trip report authors, newsletter subscribers and followers on our social media channels. We’re looking back at an interesting year: Lucas and Chantal joined the team as forum moderators. We’ve worked hard on adding information (our new Davos page, for example), keeping everything up to date, and a lot of technical stuff behind the scenes. Still lots of plans left for 2018. We hope you’ll stick around to keep an eye on what we do!

For anyone considering to buy a train pass: the first and last weeks of the year are traditionally a bit of a mess, to be honest. Pass information is being updated for the new year, and retailers will be changing their prices. Some also perform maintenance on their website and might not be fully operational for a couple of days between Christmas and early January. If you have any questions, feel free to start a new thread and ask us.

Pass prices will increase. If you’re sure about your travel dates in 2018, then take a look at HappyRail this week: http://www.happyrail.com/en/s wiss-pass-railpass-switzerland. At the moment they still charge the lower 2017 prices, even for passes to be used in 2018. Update December 21: prices for 2018 have been increased now.

Annika, Arno, Chantal, Lucas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2017 at 4:13:53 #873067

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the season’s greetings and good wishes for the new year! I wish the same to you, Annika, Lucas and Chantal.

I can imagine it’s a huge workload keeping this site going and up-to-date, so thanks for that. We would be lost without it!

As I have said before, I haven’t seen any other site on the internet that can hold a candle to MySwissAlps! I am glad to have discovered it in good time to make the most of my trips to Switzerland in autumn and at Christmas last year, and I continue to use it in preparation for my next trip in 2019.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 December 2017 at 8:25:49 #873068

Hi Alpenrose,

Thank you for your kind words. You are right about the workload, but it truely is a wonderful job. Yes, please stick around next year and beyond!

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    23 December 2017 at 15:00:28 #873069

Thanks Arno for the Christmas greetings. A very Merry Christmas to all the moderators and fellow travellers who have contributed and made this site so imformative and special. Have a Happy New Year 2018.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2017 at 22:11:41 #873070

Happy Holidays to all! And I echo the sentiment that this is an amazing site for research, questions and details on Switzerland and travel. Thanks to all who take the time to give such good information. I’m not yet done asking questions for our upcoming trip in Spring 2018!

Tami

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 December 2017 at 12:06:46 #873071

Thanks for your compliments Traveljet and Tami, I’m glad the site is helpful to you!

• The thread ‘Happy holidays and 2018 from MySwissAlps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.