Happy Rail contact phone number

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 20:35:15 #815864

Hello All,

can someone please help me with happy rail as per them the delivered luzern rail passes in engelberg before my arrival but now i am here and nobody knows about it. Please tell me how to contact them except email as i have sent some. Also, if they fail to deliver it then how to get a refund.

Regards,

Divpreet Singh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 2:18:45 #884774

Hi Divpreet and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’m sorry to hear about your trouble. Happy Rail is usually quite easy to work with. As far as I know they do not have a phone number to call.

They are usually very quick to reply to emails during business hours – have you heard from them yet?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 6:18:57 #884775

They said that the courier was delivered before my arrival but after that they haven’t replied. I even wrote on their fb page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 6:34:31 #884776

>> the delivered luzern rail passes in engelberg before my arrival but now i am here and nobody knows about it.

What is a “luzern rail pass”? To what address in Engelberg did they deliver it?

If it got delivered to your hotel, have you asked to speak to the manager? It might also be worth checking if they have filed it in the wrong place because they do not know which of your names is your first name and which one is your family name.

Happy Rail should also have a record of who accepted delivery, I would imagine.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 6:47:19 #884777

First of all thank you all for trying to help really appreciate it.

I have rented interhome.com at Apartment vorderortigen 4 6390 engelberg. Told them my checkin time and shared mine and interhome’s number. I have confirmed with everyone over here in vorderortigen 4 and nobody received it. I didn’t even receive a call from happyrail before delivery if it is actually delivered. I requested happyrail to share the name of the person to whom they have delivered but there is no reply yet.

Also, by luzern pass i meant central switzerland/tell tale pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 7:08:18 #884778

Well, these are nothing more than wild guesses now, but might be worth a try in the circumstances:

• If there are a number of letterboxes at that address, check them all.
    • Check with the local post office as to whether any items have been left there for you.

If the courier couldn’t deliver it, or delivered it to someone else who didn’t know you, it might have been sent back to Happy Rail “returned unclaimed”.

Do you have enough money to replace the pass/es and continue your holiday? If so, that is what I would do, and worry about sorting out the details with Happy Rail after you get home. Otherwise it is just going to ruin your holiday (if it hasn’t already).

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 7:21:06 #884779

I requested owner and checked all the letterboxes in vorderortigen 4 but for others i dont know how to get permission. Happyrail said today is holiday in europe they will resolve it tomorrow with TNT/PostNL. Can you help me with directions/address of TNT/PostNL or local post office in engelberg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 7:45:48 #884780

>> Can you help me with directions/address of TNT/PostNL or local post office in engelberg.

There seems to be a post office agency at Engelberg railway station (Die Post, yellow sign). I’m afraid I don’t know anything about TNT.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 7:55:08 #884781

Ty alpenrose i will try local post office

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 May 2018 at 11:23:36 #884782

Hi Divpreet,

The Happyrail staff has e-mailed you a few hours ago. Unfortunately they indeed will only be able to solve this tomorrow (before 10 AM), because it’s a holiday both in Switzerland and in The Netherlands where their office is.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 12:39:03 #884783

Hello Arno,

Thank you for checking, yes i received that e-mail. Also, as per alpenrose suggestion i checked local post office near railway station engelberg but it’s closed too sadly. I hope happy rail resolves it tomorrow early morning.

Also, can someone please confirm if i go skiing on titlis or cross country skiing will i need to rent equipments from shop nearby or will i get the equipments at the spot(or shops nearby spot).

Thank you again for the info.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 13:02:47 #884784

Hi Divpreet,

The Titlis website details a few locations for rentals here: https://www.titlis.ch/ en/info/Rental-Ski-school/Rental-equipment

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 15:24:29 #884785

Thank you lucas!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 7:22:58 #884786

Hello Arno,

if possible can you give a reminder to happyrail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 8:07:44 #884787

This is the reply i got from happyrail before 10am. 😓

Hello Divpreet,

Thank you for your message.

How unfortunate to hear that you didn’t receive the passes yet. They were sent to the address you’ve mentioned with the attention to you by regular post on the 4th of May. The post always takes about 1 week to arrive in Switzerland, therefor it should have been delivered.
    Could you please ask the neighbors if they’ve also didn’t received it? It’s not possible to send the passes as e-ticket.

Kind regards,

Kevin
    Team HappyRail

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 13:01:56 #884788

Hi Divpreet,

As you’ve asked the neighbors I would explain the situation to them and ask for a refund – then go to the rail station and buy the rail pass there.

It has also just barely been a week – I wonder if it may still shop up in a day or two. Really unfortunate circumstances. 🙁

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 0:32:48 #884789

There seems to be some misunderstanding or miscommunication about the method of delivery.

At first, you gave the impression that it would be delivered by courier:

“the delivered luzern rail passes in engelberg before my arrival”

“They said that the courier was delivered before my arrival”

Then, the email you received from them indicated it was sent through the normal mail, and they did not know whether it had been delivered or not, only that it was in fact sent:

“They were sent to the address you’ve mentioned with the attention to you by regular post on the 4th of May. The post always takes about 1 week to arrive in Switzerland, therefor it should have been delivered.”

Courier delivery and normal mail delivery are two different methods of delivery. The fact that it was sent by normal mail, and wasn’t expected to arrive until 11 May makes it more likely that it is still on the way, rather than having been incorrectly delivered. Your first post about the lack of delivery was on 9 May, two days before delivery was expected.

I hope it turns out well for you. Let us know what happens.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 6:30:41 #884790

Ty all for the help. I bought new passes and happy rail is refunding the money. Sorry i updated a little late as i was stuck in the process.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 17:22:48 #884791

Glad it was worked out in the end – really a shame about the trouble in the first place. A combination of weekends and holidays probably made this worse than it should have been.

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes smoothly!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 7:22:30 #884792

Thanks for reporting back! I hope everything goes smoothly for the rest of your holiday, and that you have an absolutely wonderful time 🙂

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Happy Rail contact phone number’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.