About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Has anyone stayed in Hotel Eurotel Montreux?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Has anyone stayed in Hotel Eurotel Montreux?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bmanners1
Bmanners1
7 posts
Feb 21, 2020 - 11:14 PM

There seems to be quite a range of comments regarding the condition of the Eurotel Hotel in Montreux. I believe the hotel has been renovated recently, or ongoing.

Has anyone been there recently to know the state of the rooms and common areas? There are comments that the rooms and the photos on the website don’t match.

Im also looking at the Marriott Grand Swisse. Thoughts on choice between the two?

Many thanks....B

Anna
Anna
962 posts
top member &
Feb 22, 2020 - 7:41 AM

Hi Bmanners1,

Afraid I don't have the answer for that. Hopefully someone from the forum could provide some insights.

If you're still looking for accommodation in Montreux, this link might help: www.myswissalps.com/montreux/hotels

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Feb 22, 2020 - 7:41 AM by Anna
vanessateoh
vanessateoh
5 posts
Feb 22, 2020 - 9:16 AM in reply to Bmanners1

Hi Bmanners1

I stayed in Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic in Montreux during our last visit in December 2019. I chose Grand Hotel over Eurotel because of the location as it was very near to the train station, whereas Eurotel Hotel is a distance walk from the train and if you are travelling with luggage, it's quite inconvenient. In addition, the breakfast room in Grand Hotel has an excellent view. We did not regret our choice.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Vanessa

Bmanners1
Bmanners1
7 posts
Feb 22, 2020 - 12:32 PM

Thank you, Vanessa.

Did you have a room facing the lake? I’ve read the rooms facing the city could have train noise.

Did you do any day trips from Montreux? We will be coming in on the Golden Pass train. We thought maybe Gruyere or the wine region.

Many thanks....B

Rels
Rels
126 posts
Feb 23, 2020 - 7:15 AM in reply to Bmanners1

Hi B,

We stayed at the Eurotel for a few nights in early June last year. Had a room on a high floor, with amazing views, and a little balcony. The room was fine, smallish, the bathroom was a bit tired. The breakfast buffet was amazing, again with gorgeous views, right on the lake. It's not that far from the station, there's a lift you can take down to the lakeside, where the Eurotel is located. For what we did around Montreux, here's the link to my trip report www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/trip-report-day-15-21-locarno-to-montreux

Have a great trip,

Narelle

Last modified on Feb 23, 2020 - 7:16 AM by Rels
Please login to see the attached documents

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020