Interlaken-where to stay, what to do, hiking group

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 6:16:43 #816712

I am 53 retired fired captain, traveling with my 13 yo son, his first time in Europe or anywhere overseas. Are there any hiking clubs that people can join, or hiking groups that meet? Would they welcome foreigners? I am thinking staying at interlaken,, I was there before in 2000 when I traveled alone. If you had 3 or 4 days, which fairly easy day hikes would you do, I recall taking a ski lift up and hiking down a nice path ,,,seem to recall a few Mtn bikers there as well,,, it is probably crazy now,,,I remember looking right across att the eiger. Are there paid guide services? We have eurorail global passes,,,I remember using my eurorail pass but things have changed with it. Reservations everywhere now. Can we just hop on any train to access mountains from interlaken? I know the golden railway needs reservations.

Anyway,, recap

interlaken-good place to stay? Where better?

4 classic hikes for day,,,easy to moderate?

euro rail pass good for hoping on trains?

thanks for any advice

• The thread ‘Interlaken-where to stay, what to do, hiking group’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.