Swiss Travel Pass -Bernina Express reservations

• bhende19
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 April 2018 at 3:18:41 #815537

Party of 4 have Swiss rail pass and want seat assignments on Bernina Express – How and Where to do this on line??? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

bhende19
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 April 2018 at 3:28:32 #883277

I thought that Swiss rail pass allowed for ‘free’ travel on BEX – but when checking time table it seems to indicate that I need to buy a 24chf ticket for each passenger. I don’t get it

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 3:45:11 #883278

Hi Bhende19,

Yes, everyone must make seat reservations on the Bernina Express. That is what the charge is for, but your Swiss Travel Pass covers the ticket cost.

You can make reservations for the Bernina Express here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 12:10:38 #883279

>> but when checking time table it seems to indicate that I need to buy a 24chf ticket for each passenger. I don’t get it

As Lucas has explained, that charge is only for a seat reservation. Without your Swiss Travel Pass, if you were travelling from Tirano to Chur, the trip would have cost CHF 78 each.

If you would like a completely free trip, simply travel on a regional train instead. Regional trains don’t have the panoramic windows, but the normal windows are prefectly fine for views and photos. Regional trains are free with the Swiss Travel Pass, no reservations are required, and they run more frequently.

Alpenrose

bhende19
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 April 2018 at 14:59:29 #883280

when i go to this link it allows me to get tICKETS for the various times of departure tirano to chur at a cost of 22chf each passenger and collects the details of each traveler – but where do i select the date of travel

bhende19
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 April 2018 at 15:20:34 #883281

Man oh man – I just don;t get it – have swiss rail pass and want seat reservation

question 1 – http://www.happyrail.com/en/c art site allows booking for

Rail passThu, 17 May 2018

Passholder Fares – Bernina Express – Tirano | 14.26

14.26-18.20 | Tirano-Chur – 2nd class

Lee Thompson

Reference:

CHF22

4 HappyMiles

is this a seat reservation or a ticket without a seat on which train (BEX or regional)?

question 2 — when i use the time table it shows ALL trains seats not possible – guess BEX is fully booked – but reigonal trains don’t require booking so how to know if regional train has seats available???17.05.2018 at

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 16:56:23 #883282

As someone who just reserved Bernina Express seats in tandem with Swiss Passes let me say I think I understand some of the confusion!

1) in order to reserve seats you must pay (that should be written somewhere in the description of seat reservations because you think with the pass it will be free seat reservations).

2) to reserve seats you must proceed as if you are booking a ticket and then, during the ticket booking process, you are able to recieve a discount by entering that the passenger/s is/are a Swiss Pass holder.

Hope that helps!

bhende19
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 April 2018 at 18:18:22 #883283

On which web site are you refering to?? otherwise thank you for your assistance this seems clear to me

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 19:41:58 #883284

This site was recommended elsewhere on this forum:

http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info

good luck! I’m overwhelmed with all the logistics too but this website is great!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 2:42:02 #883285

HappyRail will work for seat reservations, as will the site Luna posted above. Let us know if you are successful. You do need to pay for the seat reservations (everyone must no matter the ticket or pass they have).

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass -Bernina Express reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.