Purchase Glacier Express tickets with reservation

Purchase Glacier Express tickets with reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
wendyincali
wendyincali
6 posts
Mar 5, 2018 - 7:00 PM

Last month we made seat reservations for May 6th on train 925 departing St. Moritz at 10:19 for Zermatt

Now we need to purchase tickets.

I understand that we need to go to:

shop.matterhorngotthar dbahn.ch/mgb_en/bergba hn/ticket?___from_store=mgb_de

Are these the tickets we need to purchase for May 6th?

St.Moritz - Zermatt

via CHUR-DISENTIS-BRIG

Single, 1st Class

Thank you in advance for your help!!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3924 posts
expert
Mar 5, 2018 - 9:46 PM in reply to wendyincali

Hello Wendy,

That route is correct. Once you have a reservation you can buy tickets anytime before boarding the train.

You can also buy tickets on-line using the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable).

We don’t know where this fits in your itinerary. Are you by any chance using a Swiss Travel Pass? In which case no ticket is required though you may need a Class upgrade if you only have a 2nd Class STP.

wendyincali
wendyincali
6 posts
Mar 5, 2018 - 9:51 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for your prompt response. My understanding is that we can only purchase tickets 60 days in advance (so tomorrow after midnight in Switzerland) We don't have a Swiss Travel Pass so we will need tickets. The whole 90 days for reservations vs 60 days for tickets and 2 different websites has been a little confusing. Plus- when I put in St. Moritz to Zermatt as our route they give us 3 different options so I didn't want to screw up!

I really appreciate you responding so quickly. We are very excited about our upcoming trip.

Best

Wendy

wendyincali
wendyincali
6 posts
Mar 5, 2018 - 9:52 PM in reply to rockoyster

OH! I realize that I never specified that this is for the Glacier Express. I want to be certain that I am purchasing the correct tickets!

Best

Wendy

rockoyster
rockoyster
3924 posts
expert
Mar 5, 2018 - 10:00 PM in reply to wendyincali

Hi Wendy,

When I said “any time before boarding” I just meant there is no rush once you have your reservation.

Train 925 is the 10:19 Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt denoted GEX on the SBB timetable.

wendyincali
wendyincali
6 posts
Mar 5, 2018 - 10:03 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks rockoyster

I understand that there is no rush - I just hate waiting until the last minute.

Best

Wendy

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 6, 2018 - 6:19 AM in reply to wendyincali

Hi Wendy,

You can buy tickets from one of our listed retailers on this page: www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/packages.

If you are using the Swiss timetable, you'll have to follow rockoyster's instructions.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018