Purchase Glacier Express tickets with reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 19:00:27 #814633

Last month we made seat reservations for May 6th on train 925 departing St. Moritz at 10:19 for Zermatt

Now we need to purchase tickets.

I understand that we need to go to:

shop.matterhorngotthar dbahn.ch/mgb_en/bergba hn/ticket?___from_store=mgb_de

Are these the tickets we need to purchase for May 6th?

St.Moritz – Zermatt

via CHUR-DISENTIS-BRIG

Single, 1st Class

Thank you in advance for your help!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 March 2018 at 21:46:49 #877837

Hello Wendy,

That route is correct. Once you have a reservation you can buy tickets anytime before boarding the train.

You can also buy tickets on-line using the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable).

We don’t know where this fits in your itinerary. Are you by any chance using a Swiss Travel Pass? In which case no ticket is required though you may need a Class upgrade if you only have a 2nd Class STP.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 21:51:29 #877838

Thank you for your prompt response. My understanding is that we can only purchase tickets 60 days in advance (so tomorrow after midnight in Switzerland) We don’t have a Swiss Travel Pass so we will need tickets. The whole 90 days for reservations vs 60 days for tickets and 2 different websites has been a little confusing. Plus- when I put in St. Moritz to Zermatt as our route they give us 3 different options so I didn’t want to screw up!

I really appreciate you responding so quickly. We are very excited about our upcoming trip.

Best

Wendy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 21:52:29 #877839

OH! I realize that I never specified that this is for the Glacier Express. I want to be certain that I am purchasing the correct tickets!

Best

Wendy

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 March 2018 at 22:00:00 #877840

Hi Wendy,

When I said “any time before boarding” I just meant there is no rush once you have your reservation.

Train 925 is the 10:19 Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt denoted GEX on the SBB timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 22:03:46 #877841

Thanks rockoyster

I understand that there is no rush – I just hate waiting until the last minute.

Best

Wendy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2018 at 6:19:48 #877842

Hi Wendy,

You can buy tickets from one of our listed retailers on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/packages.

If you are using the Swiss timetable, you’ll have to follow rockoyster’s instructions.

• The thread ‘Purchase Glacier Express tickets with reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.