Help with road trip route Furka & Gotthard passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 7:44:56 #815845

Hi everyone

Only just signed up so forgive me if this topic has been covered before. My fiance and I have a road trip planned across France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain etc. We have been planning routes for months and we were most looking forward to the drive through the Swiss alps. Unfortunately we noticed that Furka and Gotthard passes dont open to June. We will be Leaving Chamonix on 28th May heading for Milan. By any chance would anyone know if the passes are opening any earlier than expected and if not could someone help us out with a similar route?

Thanks =D

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 8:56:25 #884711

Hi Peter, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Gotthard Pass is expected to open on 25 May, but the Furka Pass won’t be open until the beginning of June.

You can check the current status of the passes here:

http://www.alpen-paesse.ch/en/

This page will also be useful:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ca r

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 9:15:47 #884712

Hi Alpenrose

Thank you for the quick reply. That’s great at least we can drive one of them. Il have a read through the other link before we leave, looks to be plenty of information.

Thanks again !

Peter McLean

• The thread ‘Help with road trip route Furka & Gotthard passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.