Help! 58,27 swiss francs of gas = $157.05???

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
norcal300
norcal300
5 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 1:40 PM

I got 58.27 swiss francs of gas and my bank shows a charge of $157.05. Can anyone explain this to me?

Arno
Arno
12343 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 4:08 PM in reply to norcal300

Hi Norcal300,

That's weird. I can't explain that, but your bank should be able to. If you have any more details like a transaction slip, feel free to attach it here.

norcal300
norcal300
5 posts
Jul 2, 2017 - 6:52 PM

It looks like it is just a pre-authorization hold that take a few days to correct itself. I just noticed the charge from a few days ago finally corrected itself.

Arno
Arno
12343 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2017 - 6:56 PM in reply to norcal300

Ok, great. I didn't know there could be such a huge difference before the final amount is calculated. So thanks for sharing this!

Peterli
Peterli
717 posts
top member
Jul 3, 2017 - 7:05 AM

Hi,

I assume that you are talking about USD. These currencies have been pretty well close to par for quite a while. It would be a good idea to keep the sales slip for any transaction, as it could come in handy if a problem is not resolved.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019