Best base town in Bernese Oberland for two nights?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 February 2017 at 2:39:21 #858290

<<“Day 4 it will be for going to Wengen and up to Mannlichen and Royal walk.”>>

The trail will be groomed snow. Consider what foot wear to use. I’d use boots with grippy soles, but I need ankle support. Smooth soles wont work, the trail has inclines. Hope you do have awful weather on that particular day….could happen.

<<“Day 5 I will check out the hostel and leave to Luzern. I want to visit one of the mountains around (Pilatus Rigi or Titlis), preferably the latest as its included on the swiss travel pass – but I guess, again, the weather will dictate my choice – as I don’t have mountains like these here I am not going to be tired of those views, guaranteed. I know Titlis will take me more time than the others though – the only time limit I have is I have to be in Bern around 8pm.”>>

Could work, but you have a lot of travel time. I’d pick Pilatus as closest. Gives you more slack time to look around and enjoy.

Check it out with the timetable.

Luzern is worth making time for walk

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 8:30:40 #858291

Okay, I think I will trust you guys and go with Pilatus 🙂

For the Royal walk (and pretty much all of my trip) i have some sturdy hiking boots which ive been using to break them in. I hope they will be enough

Still couldnt figure it out if mannlichen kleine scheidegg will be open -.- its probably for the best to ask around before coming down

thank you for everything!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2017 at 23:29:20 #858292

did you just wished i’ll have awful weather? 🙁 i am just hoping for a clear day 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 February 2017 at 2:13:57 #858293

<<“did you just wished i’ll have awful weather? 🙁 i am just hoping for a clear day :)”>>

Ooops! Sorry. A typo. When I edited, I dropped a word. I am embarrassed.

What I meant to say was:

“Hope you do NOT have awful weather on that particular day….could happen.”

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2017 at 14:22:37 #858294

Don’t worry 🙂 I figured it was something like that. My flight is tomorrow at 5am. If it wasnt for you I would be still imersed in plans and routes. Thank you so much! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Best base town in Bernese Oberland for two nights?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.