Wrong dates on Swiss Travel Pass Flex?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 21:49:30 #820496

I purchased tickets for my trip with my 18 year old son to Europe from Rail-Europe (I gave up on the Swiss site since I couldn’t get the ticket office to translate to English and I wanted to buy ahead so we could ensure reservations on the portions from London to Paris, and Paris to Interlaken (with the separate Euro-rail passes we purchased). In any case the 8 day Swiss Pass, Flex passes arrived today and read first day of 05/08/2019 and last day 04/09/2019 (yes backwards). Furthermore our trip isn’t until 08/04/19 (we are going first to England, then Paris, and finally about ten days in the Murren/Wengen area) coming home from London on 08/31/19. I contacted Rail Europe and they indicated that this isn’t a problem as the tickets will be validated when we arrive in Europe and it is from that time that the 30 day clock starts ticking (the dates on the printed tickets do not matter according to their customer service agent). Does this sound correct? The Euro-rail passes (five day flex) also purchased from the same company reflect our actual travel dates and in order. Sincere thanks for any help. I’m not really a detail person, but my wife is declining to go (she is terrified of leaving the states) so it rests upon me to figure it out. Sincere thanks,

Chad Jacobs

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 22:43:18 #907005

I’m not an expert, but I believe the Europeans put the date first then the month then the year. If you read it like that your 30 day should be covered.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 10:57:08 #907006

Hi Chad,

You did not make a mistake on the passes – you are just reading the dates according to American rather than European convention, as Jdblasko has suggested!

I understand your trip is 4-31st August, and your passes are valid between 5th August and 4th of September 🙂

Hope that clears up the confusion! More about your pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex

You can also find a link here for trains to Switzerland: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/toswitzerland/tra in/tickets

And here are links to the area you are visiting for more info:

Have a wonderful trip!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 22:37:48 #907007

Wow, God bless you for your help. I stayed up all night since one person from customer service said I needed to call first thing in the morning to arrange an exchange (but their online chat said everything was ok and I shouldn’t worry). However, only you pointed out my mistake, and when I looked again I realized you were correct. Thanks,

• The thread ‘Wrong dates on Swiss Travel Pass Flex?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.