Help for 6 day Swiss travel plans in October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 13:55:33 #816440

Hi,

I am planning my trip to Switzerland during October with my wife and a kid of 5 yrs. I will reach Zurich on 3rd of Oct morning 7 AM and planning to leave to Paris on 9th of Oct. I have planned the following:

3rd Oct – Stay in Zurich and explore Zurich lake and the old Town

4th Oct – Rhine Falls and then leave to Lucerne in the evening

5th Oct – Mt. Titlis

6th Oct – Mt. Pilatus & Mt. Rigi

7th Oct – Golden Pass

8th Oct – Explore Lucerne

9th Oct – Morning leave for Paris via Basel

Please do let me know if the above is fine or too much per day or can we combine something additional per day. I am planning to take 4 day Swiss pass and plan to utilize between 4th of Oct till 8th of Oct.

I am also confused looking at different forum if i should base myself in Lucerne or in Bernese Oberland area. I am flexible to make changes to the above itenary as I still have some time

Thanks,

Sumit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 16:52:17 #887347

Hi ..my suggestion ..would be as follows

1. Day 1 ..you could do the Zurich zoo or the FIFA museum . Kids tend to enjoy this.

2. Lucerne is another big city . My recommendation would be to base yourself in Interlaken or neighbouring Wilderswil or Grindelwald.

Day 3- you could get to Lucerne using the Luzern express (a part of the Golden pass) and head toTitlis

Day 4 – You could combine the Golden Pass from Interlaken to Montreax with a detour to the Chocolate factory at Broc

Day 5 – Suggest you try the Schilthorn (comes free with the Swiss Travel Pass) and the quaint towns of Murren/Gimmelwald on the way….Else you may head to the “top of europe” to Jungfrauch

Trust this helps

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 19:29:54 #887348

Hi Sumit and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To help you decide how much to do in one day (and where to stay during your trip) you’ll need to use the Swiss railways timetable: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You can find out how long it will take to get to any destination in Switzerland from any town or destination. On October 5th you have time for something before or after Titlis. Perhaps you want to go to Bern or try a boat trip on Lake Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 11:06:18 #887349

Thanks Travelholic and Lucas.

I have another query that is it possible for me to do the following in a day or will it be too much:

1. Schilthorn

2. Golden Pass between Zweisimmen to Montreux

3. Lake Thun Boat cruise

I have to get back to Lucerne as well

Thanks,

Sumit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 11:24:50 #887350

Hi Sumit,

Yes, it is too much to do from Lucerne. To do the Golden Pass between Zweisimmen and Montreux you first need to get to Zweisimmen, which on the Golden Pass from Lucerne is almost 3 hours one-way if you don’t do the full Golden Pass route. If you do the whole route from Luzern it takes 5 hours to Montreux.

The timetable link I gave you should be used to plan out your trips. You can see when the trains go and how long they take to get to each destination.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 14:54:12 #887351

Thanks Lucas.

The other itenary i planned was to stay 1 night in Zurich, 2 nights in Wengen and 3 nights in Lucerne but this means packing and unpacking too much and do not want to do it together with my Kid.

Thanks,

Sumit

• The thread ‘Help for 6 day Swiss travel plans in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.