Help for new summer timetable 2018 announcements

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Memok
Memok
4 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 5:46 PM

Hi

I already purched international journey ticket last month from SBB and they send it to my country by DHL

Now i see announcements

www.sbb.ch/en/timetabl e/rail-traffic-information/summertime table2018.html

regarding some construction but actually i don't understand if my journey will affect or not

I attached my journey can u plz advise me and explain to me what will happened as there is note in the end of the pdf and i now scared as i pay alot of money + already booked hotel in Grindelwald

" Construction work: Between Gelterkinden and Tecknau engineering work is in progress. Between Gelterkinden and Tecknau on the line Basel SBB - Olten, engineering work is in progress.

Please allow for cancellations of trains as well as changed journey times and changed connections.

Duration from 30.06.2018 02:00 until 13.08.2018 04:00.

The online timetable at www.sbb.ch will be changed."

Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
11358 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2018 - 6:21 PM

Hi Memok,

I just posted this, it may help you out: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/train-delays-in-switzerland-summer-2018

No need to worry about your trip. Rail reconstructions and maintenance projects in Switzerland never mean that travelers can't reach their destination. You may experience a bit of a delay on the Basel to Olten leg while traveling from France to Grindelwald, but that's about it. The whole Jungfrau region (Grindelwald, Interlaken, etc.) is not affected.

Enjoy your stay!

Last modified on Jul 5, 2018 - 6:22 PM by Arno
Memok
Memok
4 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 6:25 PM

Thanx for you kindly Support

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018