Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne for 8 days late June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2017 at 13:12:01 #813511

Hi guys planning to visit Switzerland in late June for 8 days.

I have finalized the following itinerary.

Kindly have a look and suggest

Day 1 Land in geneva, take a train to montreux. Reach around 5-6pm remaining day to just relax take a stroll along the promenade or maybe a boat ride along the lake

Day 2 Getting up early taking a train to rochers de naye spending the morning /afternoon there then take a train to visit the chillon castle and evening back to montreux via boat or cruise on lake geneva

Day 3 transfer to interlaken. Taking the panoramic train to zweisimmem then to interlaken .

Remaining day to explore the city or take a cruise on lake brienz or thun (any recommendations?)

Day 4 Full day for jungfrajoch

Day 5 Transfer to Lucerne . Late morning afternoon having a golden round trip to mt pilatus

Remaining day to explore the city

Day 6 Mt titlis excursion and rest of day around the city and lake Lucerne maybe a boat ride or something

Day 7 Trip to Rhine falls ( should I visit Zurich along the way?.)

Day 8 Lucerne to geneva airport for our late afternoon flight

Pls feel free for your advices and adding or subtracting anything from the above plan.

All your inputs will be of great help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2017 at 9:24:02 #870964

Hi Impactedmind and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think your itinerary looks quite good. Everything seems manageable to not too much in each day.
    The train timetable for next year isn’t online yet but should be by the end of this week.

Choosing between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz boat cruises is a hard one – both are great. I slightly prefer Thun for the castles in the area.

Day 7: Yes I think you should make a day of Zurich and the RheinFall – it can be a lovely town – great for some shopping of course as well as museums and art galleries (it is Switzerland’s biggest city).

Have you decided on a rail pass? Have a look here at your options. I would look at the 8 day Swiss Travel Passas your best option. It will cover all your trips except a few mountain trips where a discount only is offered. It can be bought online here, and emailed to you for printing at home – then you have an electronic backup and of course you don’t need to wait in line after arriving in Switzerland at the rail office.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 October 2017 at 7:50:21 #870965

Hi impactedmind –

When in June?

With your proposed trip to the Jungfrau that is not critical, but if you wish to do any hiking or stay in the Jungfrau region, early June is still winter, high altitude trails will mostly not be open, and it is “low season” with some hotels and restaurants closed till mid June or late June.

By the end of June, everything is open and running.

The cograil train up to the Jungfraujoch runs every day all year long.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne for 8 days late June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.