Help for travel guide Rapperswil – Lucerne – Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2015 at 13:22:48 #807991

Hi,

good day to everybody!!!

Great to see here people has expertise in guiding people and happy to be part of here.i will travel to Zurich and land at zurich on 13th oct 12 pm,then i have planned to visit rhine fall and back to hotel in rapper swill.

i will stay in rapperswill and i will like to visit some nearest places for next 2days (2 or 3 places per day with train travelling time 40-50min from rapperswill as im interested to explore more nearby places than visiting a long distance place like jungfrauch mountain.

For next 2 days i will visit lucerne , and there are lot of places to visit like titlis , mount pillatus ,mount rigi,hiking,city tour and other any events. is lucerne worth for 2 day or should i make it for 1 day.

Next 1 day i will be visit Bern and bernese oberland along with gstaad and sannen.

Could Anybody Help Me Out To :-

1.Let me know nearby vising spot in rapperswill with 1 hr travelling distance.

2. Make an event for 2 days in lucerne (where to start what to do and where to finish, where to start hiking walking ,cow festival ,).

3.To make a event for bern bernese oberland ,gstaad (where to start ,what to do,where to end).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 September 2015 at 13:04:48 #846321

Welcome to MySwissAlps Scarlett!

1. You can do a boat trip to Zurich, a city walk in the historical center of Zug, a boat trip on Lake Zug, visit Mount Säntis. There are more tips in this topic.

2. You’ll find suggestions on the Lucerne page.

3. You’ll find suggestions on the Bernese Oberland page.

Our planning page may be useful too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2015 at 19:46:35 #846322

HI @Arno

You guys doing a noble work.

i just gone through all your link inside your sites for swiss pass and finally gave my last touch to make a plan.

i will like to present my tour schedule ,please correct me to get back my schedule on on perfect shape if it required.

Tour time line

13 October afternoon -23 October evening

i will have swiss travel pass flex combi (travel pass flex+half fare card).

13 October

rapperswill-hotel check in rapperswill

14th October (1st free travel day)

a.Mount titlis

rapperswill(7am)-lucerne

Lucerne->Engelberg (Train) 50min

Engelberg ->Trübsee (cable car) 30min

trubsee-Kleintitlis (cable car) 20min )

Return to lucrne(15pm)

mount pilatus

Lucerne – Alpnachstad (train )

Alpnachstad- pilatus kulm (cog wheel)

pilatus kulm- Fräkmüntegg (cable car)

Fräkmüntegg-Kriens (gandola )44min

kriens-lucerne (train) 10min

17 October

a.Mount Rigi.

Lucerne – Vitznau (boat 60min)

Vitznau-RIGI Kulm(cog wheel 40min)

Return to lucerne

Rigi Kulm – village Rigi Kaltbad(Walking 30min)

rigi kaltbad-lucerne (walking-boat-train )1.30 hr.

lucerne city tour

18 October

rapperswill- luassanelaussanr-montreaux->Chillon castle

montreux-Gstaad -saanen(golden pass line)saanen-zwissimen-rapperswill

22 October

Lucerne – Interlaken via Brünig-Hasliberg with the Zentralbahn

Interlaken-Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen then to Wilderswil , (Gimmelwald optional)Schynige Platte easy hike from Grütschalp to Mürren .Murren-rapperswill.

23 October

rapperswill-st.gallenst.-enea-Liechtenstein-zurich

As i will have swiss travel flexi combi ,can i use my half fare card on non free travelling days ?

Mt. titlis is my fav one cause im little more addicted to glacier mountain.

Could you guide me whether i can complete 3 mountain in 2 days or should i remove Mt. pilatus from my list.?

Thanks a ton for your time and guidance which cant be re payed.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 October 2015 at 17:03:28 #846323

Hello scarlett!

Some days of your itinerary are quite full, to be honest. It will all be doable, but you’ll have to count on long days and quite tiring traveling times. Did you check the timetable? If you’re fine with the duration of your trips, it’s fine of course; if you doubt whether you’ll appreciate such long days, I’d advise to make some alterations.

• As for combining two mountains on one day: it you start early, it is possible. But your travel pace will be more relaxed if you skip either Pilatus or Rigi, and do one of them on another day using the 50% discount. It’s indeed wise to use a free travel for your trip to the Rigi, as that will be entirely for free.
    • October 18 will be a very long day. It’s certainly a nice train ride towards Montreux, but a single trip takes about 3h30.
    • October 22: this too is a long day, although it’s doable. If weather is good, it’s certainly a good idea to catch the train up to Schynige Platte: views will be wonderful. If not, just the hike Grütschalp-Mürren will be rewarding too.

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi Combi allows you to travel with a 50% discount on non-free travel days. Please note that this only goes for days in between your first and last free travel day. After your last free travel day, the 50% discount doesn’t apply anymore, as explained at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/howt ouse.

I’m not sure if you’ve already ordered your pass. If not, it’s best not to wait too long, since you’ll be departing in 1-2 weeks, and delivery may take up to approximately 5 days. Please review purchase options at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e, and make sure to pick the Combi variant from the drop-down list at the right. In your case, it would be best to order through http://www.raileurope-gcc.com.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 October 2015 at 19:14:05 #846324

<<” If weather is good, it’s certainly a good idea to catch the train up to Schynige Platte: views will be wonderful. “>>

And, I just checked the timetable and the train to Schynige Platte is indeed running on October 22.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Help for travel guide Rapperswil – Lucerne – Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.