Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Help getting from Luzern to Salzburg on Sept 30

Help getting from Luzern to Salzburg on Sept 30

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cathy60
Cathy60
14 posts
Aug 14, 2019 - 1:32 AM

Hi Everyone! I’m trying to schedule trains from Luzern to Salzburg main station on September 30 and I really need some advise as to how to do this. I do have a Swiss Travel Pass so I am confused with how I pay for the trip. It appears to me that I should probably take the Railjet leaving Zurich as that seems to be the only way to hook up with a direct trip so what should I do? I understand that I would pay only from Buch SG onward as the rest of the travel would be covered with the STP but how do I go about doing that on-line? Any help please.

Annika
Annika
6110 posts
expert &
Aug 14, 2019 - 9:18 AM in reply to Cathy60

Hi Cathy60!

That's correct, your Swiss Travel Pass will cover you as far as Buchs (www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity). Here's some help:

• you'll find all connections in the timetable at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. It makes most sense to catch a direct train from Zurich to Salzburg indeed;
  • arrange for your seat reservations and tickets through any of the retailers listed at www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/austria/pri ce;
  • the process of finding the best details is explained at www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/austria. You can either get a ticket from Buchs to Salzburg, or see if any of the retailers offers a "passholder fare" for Zurich-Salzburg. This pretty much comes down to the same thing though, as a passholder fare also means you won't be paying for the Swiss leg of your trip.

Does this help you out?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019