Last minute Swiss trip, travelling on a budget

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Leeanndep
Leeanndep
3 posts
May 15, 2018 - 8:37 AM

I am looking for help with passes trains etc for a quick trip to Switzerland next month. We were offered a last minute opportunity to be in Switzerland and I feel like I am running out of time to book things and wondering if it is affordable to go.

We will be there from 25 - 28 and want to go to Titlis for a day. We are coming from Paris and will be going to Milan.

Can anyone give me a good idea of cost to visit Titlis for the day in June? 2 adults and 3 kids. The rail pass thing is very confusing - will it really be worth it for four days?

Thanks so much for your help.....

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 15, 2018 - 9:04 AM in reply to Leeanndep

Hi Leeanndep, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You will need to check the prices of all your planned train, bus, gondola, boat tickets (you plan to take) and do the math to compare prices. We have a page on how to choose the best rail pass that has a spreadsheet to help you:www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage.

Prices for Mt. Titlis can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/tickets.

Arno
Arno
11345 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 6:56 AM

Hi Leeanndep,

You really need to do the math if you want to be sure about the cheapest option, but in general I can say that even for a short stay a pass often makes sense if you are planning to make to most out of those days. A few full price train and cable car tickets add up quickly, so a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass may make sense. It would also include your trip from the French border (Basel) to wherever you decide to stay (Lucerne makese sense for Titlis), plus from there to the Italian border (Chiasso). Please find details here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

For tickets from Paris and to Milan, please see:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018